Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

huffing 238's, torn O ring maybe?

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  lariat7.3 
#1 ·
when i first installed my 238's i asked if it was normal for them to huff at idle, which the majority of you responded yes. I recently pulled my fuel filter to compare pump flow for another truck. I noticed it was black, but it the same filter that i ran WMO with back in the day. Im throwing in a new filter as we speak. But if it was a torn oring what would my symptoms be? Oil level is staying the same. Should i monitor anything specific on the AE? Thanks

#2 ·
If your oil level is not dropping then the o ring that seperates the fuel from the oil side is good. That dosent mean there the top o ring isnt leaking oil into the valve cover area.

At the same time though if you were leaking hpo its likley you would have hard starting problems when warm.

#3 ·
cranks right up when warm or cold, it does have a slight lopeyness here and there but ive read of other people having that, if it was a top o ring it would just leak into the valve covers which would cause it to hard start when hot correct?

#5 ·
The WMO did that to your filter.

You will have a lope at times with 238's. I love it.

#6 ·
what about the haze? Just a tendency of the nozzles? Looked a little blueish to me which made me think oil

#7 ·
I have a bluish haze in the morning and until I get it up to operating temp. I think you will notice a diff. with the new filter.

#9 ·
they haze sometimes at operating temp also, has a rich smell to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.