Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Tug O war

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  norris 
#1 ·
me and a buddy with a Dmax just got into it on facebook so I challenged him to a tug of war :)

I've got an innovative tuned 6.4 extended cab with a bradford built flatbed and duals

OR my cclb 2011 single rear wheel

I'm guessing the 6.4 is the better route, any tricks? should I load it down with weight? any tricks of the trade to whoop him ? :)

#2 ·
weight hitch height and tires tires tires. I used to do this competitively but quit cause i din't have 1500 to spend on a brand new set of pitbulls cause thats what most of the winners and half the class ran. don't just gas it most radials don't do well with that much heat. Spin them slow. If your at a stand still hit the breaks stop your tires then slowly take off again this will let you regain traction. Some people say thats cheating but trucks have brakes too. Use the dually its heavier unless you have a good set of grabby tires on the 2011. Put as much weight on it that you can without him complaining maybe hide it. Since there are no rules its not cheating. You don't want the weight behind the rear axle anyway. Its usually best in the middle of the truck. Good luck.

#3 ·
haha thanks for the help, I'm kinda thinking about "borrowing" a bop (a large metal object for the oil field)

I've built a stump on my truck to haul those around so ... the extra 2000 would probably give me enough traction to tow his truck around the block I think :)

#4 ·
F
How can you cheat with extra wieght and brag on a win.Thats like douch baggs cheatin nos into a truck at pulls where its not legal.What is the fun in winning if you can't do it fair and square.Like poachers shootin nice bucks at night with a light,any loser can do that.If you get busted cheating all you do is tell the other guy you knew he was better than you and you were scared.Why not make them as close the same weight and hitch height as you can and see what happens.Do what the other guy said,but my opinion is cheaters are automatic losers.

#5 ·
So you bragged your truck up and now looking for a way to get a guaranteed win.......WOW

#6 ·
Are you two kidding me? This is between me and a buddy who are going to give each other #### for an eternity to whoever loses. No rules why in the hell wouldnt I curb my odds??

Ok the BOP might be a lil too far and a lil ... obvious :) but It's not like I'm going to a competition with a frame filled with lead for extra weight or something (as a stupid example)

... I'm kinda dumbfounded you two are so... uptight? (is that the word) about trying to improve odds of beatin a friend (a chevy nonetheless) in a tug of war.

#10 ·
Nope,i was hunting with a guy once that was bragging on his scout that had lockers front and rear with mud slingers.I was following him up a steep hill with several inches of mud and he stopped cause he thought i would be stuck,i had a/t michelins.I took off easier than he did,when we got to the top he never said a word but he sure was chexking out my tires.There was no need for any smart comments he knew he had the advantage.

#14 ·
Youtube duramax vs powerstroke. 6.4 wins. Had a kid trash talk my 6.4, i snapped his reese hitch. Then we rehooked him 4lo me 4hi and i drug him. He has a 3500.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.