Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Bad shake upon acceleration

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Betaracer 
#1 ·
Truck listed in signature, when I let the clutch out
And accelerate lightly or hard, the whole truck shakes pretty badly... The shifter moves a great amount, you can feel it in the wheel, it's becoming a huge pain in the a$$!!! I'm not sure what it could be, u joints are good, ball joints same story. It's got a 4 inch lift and 35s... Any thoughts would be great, thanks

#3 ·
Did the problem become more noticable after any specific modifications to the truck, or just start to happen out of nowhere.

A lot of times the problem you describe is related to axle wrap. Which can be the pinion raising up and causing the u joints to be put at a bad angle which causes the shudder, or the pinion is bouncing up and down causing the shudder. Yours sounds more harsh but it could be with a manual versus a auto.

Make sure nothing is loose as well in the U bolt area, leaf spring centering bolts or the mounting points of the leaf springs and shackles.

Aaron

#4 ·
Its only when you start from a dead stop.... I have track bars so i know axle wrap is not an issue, i Just replaced the carrier bearing on the drive shaft, so thats all new.. It feels like it is coming from the front. It is only up to 10 miles an hour, its like the torque of the engine is causing the whole truck to shake and then it is ok. Its the strangest thing. i can feel it in the shifter and the accelerator pedal..... This blows

#5 ·
What if while rolling in low or first you slow to the engines low idle and then accelerate without touching the clutch? Does it still shake?

Maybe a damaged wiring harness and a cylinder is cutting out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.