Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

your thoughts on shocks

2K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  dustin34520 
#1 ·
97 f250 cc obs . i was thinking about bilstein shocks but they seem a bit high has anyone used a monroe or a cheaper shock and liked it. my 97 has a 4 inch lift and rides ok but i want a smoother ride, just woudered if there was a cheaper option out there . thanks

#17 ·
I agree the Bilsteins are a better shock. Not sure if they are worth it though. I'm waffling on a set of 5160s for my F350 myself. At $200 each, they aren't cheap.

#19 ·
The valving on R9000s is rebound only. I blew out the adjusters on my last set of R9000s.

#6 ·
I just replaced my bilsteins with more bilsteins and I couldn't believe how worn out the old ones were. Hell driving down i40 here in okc, it would rattle your teeth out of your head. I've had the truck for 3 years and its always done it, I thought it was just a quirk since its a f350 cc lwb 4x4.
Found the reciept in the glove box from previous owner, took it back to autozone, got 4 new shocks and it was night and day difference.
My teeth are much happier now!

#20 ·
One thing about some/most 5100s and 5160s is that they are rebuildable and revalveable.

Theoretically, they should be the last set of shocks you ever buy for your truck and a perfect fit too, because you can rebuild them or revalve them at will.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.