Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Do I need theses?

963 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Strokeandpoke 
#1 ·
Sorry I've been reading as much as i can about the 6.0 and what parts are needed. I'm about to buy the total solution kit but do i really need "rocker cover gaskets?" or "stand pipes and dummy plugs?" Thanks for the help PSN

#2 ·
yes....thats why its a total solution kit....

#4 ·
then dont change the stand pipes.... or the dummy plugs, just do a search and see that they fail.... and rocker gaskets.... why not change them out... youre in there and Im sure they arent that expensive to do.

#5 ·
Don't buy those kits, they both come with Victor Renz Gaskets which are junk. Get Ford gaskets then they come with the new updated stand tubes. Then if it is a 2005 or newer get the dummy plugs from Ford. They are like $25 a piece.

#6 ·
They are an option yes, but you want to change them out while its all apart...and i agree with lubeowner about going with OEM gaskets and standpipes and dummy plugs

#8 ·
The year makes all the difference becuase a03 is different than an 06 and an 06 is different than an 01..not huge differences but you would be supprised but you should definately get a kit with OEM gaskets head studs and and an Oil cooler..something for your EGR..maybe delete
:blah::blah::blah:
:psnb:

#10 ·
what he said ^^^
generally!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.