Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Crankcase vent reroute

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Rdean6063 
#1 ·
If I dump the ccv out behind my rear axle will it mess anything up? As long as its below the 90 that comes out of the valve cover I'll be good right?

#2 ·
You should be fine as long as it can't get plugged somehow. I have mine dumped right behind the drivers side front tire with no problems other than it smells terrible. As soon as I get time I'm going to weld a pipe in the exhaust and dump it in there.

#3 ·
Where you welding the nipple at? Like before the cat or after? What about back pressure from exhaust? Could you put a swing check valve in an that would work?

#4 ·
I don't have a cat but would run it after it for 2 reasons.
1. It will probably eventually plug it.
2. To keep it futher away from the motor & cat so that the exhaust is cooler. (to keep the CCV hose from getting so hot)
If you put the pipe in the exhaust at the right angle back pressure shouldn't be an issue. A check valve wouldn't be a bad idea but not sure if you need it or not. Haven't done mine yet but have played around with crankcase evac. on gas motors. Don't see why the same type setup wouldn't work on a diesel.
Check out the links from another site for a CCV mods on a 6.4.

CCV idea.. will it work? - PowerStrokeArmy

CCV to exhaust modification - PowerStrokeArmy

#5 ·
There's actually a checkvalve which is specifically used for this purpose on some race cars which I'm assuming is to protect against engine backfires. I don't recall where I saw it but I know it's out there.

#7 ·
#8 ·
Thanks for the advice! I like that check valve. Still figuring my exhaust system with flanges dummy pipes for the cat and muffler for emissions. When I get that in, ccv reroute is next. Appreciate the help!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.