Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

6" f250 lift on an excursion? is it a bone jarring ride?

36K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Family XJ 
#1 ·
For those of you with superduty lift springs on excursions....Hello yall, i got a 2002 4x4 excursion...its bone stock for suspension but i am wanting to go big with this truck.(38" tires and 6 to 8" lift). i see a lot of f250 lifts that are 6" and are cheaper than the 8" excursion lifts. Now my question is if i put a 6" superduty lift on my excursion will it ride decent or will it be a bone jarring ride due to stiff springs? i can take a little punishment but if its going to jar my teeth together everytime i hit a pot hole im not sure if the extra 2" will be worth it. also if i go with the 6" superduty springs will the stock driveshafts and angles work fine? pictures of an excursion with 6" superduty springs would be great as well if anyone out there has any

#3 ·
thanks.... So 8".....do you have a line on some 8" springs, the required drop pitman arm and track bar. as well as the shocks of coarse.

#4 ·
Wifes rig with 37's and a 6" superduty lift kit...

#5 ·
thanks for the pictures. do you have any rubbing at all with those 37s? also do you have any vibration issues at all going at hwy speeds? any type of driveshaft mods? thanks im still undecided on what suspention im going to go with. but 6" lift like what you got going on there looks to be about the perfect hieght

#7 ·
Superduty 4" lift is an Excursion 6" lift... The Ex sit so much lower from the factory.

There is a vibration in the drive line, took it somewhere to get shim's installed and they said the rear end needed rebuilt to a cost of $1400... That was about 110k ago...

#8 ·
Here is mine with Bds 6" in front and 8" (6" spring and 2" block) in rear with 36's. The ride is great and was even better than stock

I leveled the front and run 37's now

I am working on 14" of lift and 44's now. Just waiting for the drive shaft then to get the tires mounted

#9 ·
6" will do 37's just fine.... I'm running the (RC) Rough Country 5" which is the SD 6". Alot of folks talked smack on the RC but it fit my budget at the time. So far... almost 3 years later, 30k miles and a cross country trip hauling a trailer with about 7k lbs all is is well and the ride is better than stock.

#11 ·
That's huge. How does it ride?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.