Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Fuel Pressure too high

8K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Frenchb85 
#1 ·
I installed some guages the other day and my fuel pressure guage is reading between 75-80 psi at idle, the BB mod has not been done. The truck runs great. Any idea why its so high? Thanks for any help and advice.

#2 ·
Sounds like your fuel pressure sensor is bad. If you have not done the BB mod or someone else hasn't put in a different spring, I highly doubt you are really running that PSI. The stock pump just isn't capable of it.

#3 ·
Alright, I didnt know putting a different spring in was an option, any way to tell if the spring isnt factory? The guages are brand new from glowshift, I know they arent the best, but couldnt beat the price. They are under warranty so if its the guage I can send it in and get another one, just wanna see what you guys thought first.

#5 ·
Test at the FPR with a tire pressure guage.

#6 ·
if its a 7.3 thats normal......60-80psi is normal, mine is 75 at cold start up and at normal temp goes to 80

#7 ·
That is NOT normal for an OBS 7.3. The OBS 7.3 is running a mechanical fuel pump driven by the cam shaft. They don't make that much pressure.

Your 7.3 is that high because of the electric fuel pump. That is why majority of OBS owners use the Super Duty electric fuel pump in their electric fuel conversion.

75-80 PSI is not good on the injectors either. Rosewood says the optimum PSI is 65 PSI.

#8 ·
Ill check the pressure at the FPR tomorrow and see if its normal there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.