Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

8-10" lift question

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  07_powerstroke 
#1 ·
going to be installing a 8" lift on my reg cab 07 f250, will be running 35/16x16.5 boggers on 16.5x14 weld wheels with 2" wheel spacers. i think im gonna be going with the rough country 4 link with 8" rear leafs. i want to extend it to 10.5" by installing a leveling kit upfront and a f350 block in the back. i will be installing a one up offroad transmission crossmember with an index ring on the transfer case so my driveline should be ok... for now... i have some concerns about my front end though. i will make my own front end swaybar links so im not worried about them but what else will i have to upgrade? i have looked but cannot find a longer pitman arm for a 10" kit, the 8" kit comes with a pitman arm drop but its pretty much maxed out at the joint with the 8" kit. my buddy has the same kit on a 06 so i have seen it put together but i want to extend mine to 10-10.5. also will i need longer shocks? i didnt extend my shocks with adding just a leveling kit and stock suspension so i hope i can get by with the new shocks with the 8" lift and leveling kit but will upgrade if i have to, also i want to switch over to hydro assist steering. what is everyone running and where can i buy them?

#2 ·
Is this a daily driver? If so why so much lift?

#5 ·
buy a better kit spend the money for a better ride comfort and product

#9 ·
This.

Give PMF or Truck Toyz a call and discuss your goals. There's a handful of good 10-12" kits out there and they'll help you determine what other supporting mods you might need (longer brake lines, longer driveshaft, etc).

#10 ·
I tried to do the cheap way the first time and piece to gather what I needed it handled and rode so bad I was go a sell the truck! No I have a full icon/pmf lift and it functions 10x better than my old fabtech kit. I also have a hydro assist. I'm just trying to help u do it right the first time cus i sure with I did!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.