Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Who is running 40" Toyo M/Ts?

737 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  The Butcher 
#1 ·
Trying to decide if I should go with 38" or 40" Toyo M/T. Just wondering if there is much difference in ride/stability between the two. I do quite a bit of highway driving, and tow on occasion. Any feedback from those of you running 40"s on your daily driver would be appreciated. Thanks.

#3 ·
The 40 is a 15.5. The 38 comes in 15.5 or 13.5.

#5 ·
Not sure if your truck has changed, but in your sig it says you have a 6.5" lift. If you get 40x15.50's with that they are going to rub really bad. Even the 38's might rub if you go with a 15.50.

#6 ·
Sorry, I realize most people look at the sig and go off of that to try and offer helpful advice. I'm not asking about what hits/fits or what gears to go with. I'd like input on ride quality and whether 40s are practical for a daily driver that sees a fair amount of highway time and tows occasionally. Particularly want to know if someone has gone from a 38 to a 40 and noticed any difference in drivability. I cruise at 85-90 MPH with my current set up, and it feels plenty stable and I'm confident in the way it handles. I'd like to be able to retain that drivability with a larger tire. I don't think the 38 will change things much, if at all (particularly since I've driven a buddies Ex set up with 38s), but I'm wondering what stepping up the 40s is going to be like.

Just to help prevent any future confusion, the plan is to go with 8" of lift, 4.56 gears, and if I choose to go with 40s I realize I'll have to clearance the fenders a bit up front to keep it from scrubbing. Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.