Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Need Help 2011-2012 Owners Please respond

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  xtreamracer8 
#1 ·
I have a brand new 2012 f-250 4x4 King Ranch. I just purchased a H&S system with the DPF delete. I thought it was if I bring my truck to the dealership to get any computer upgrades before adding my aftermarket pieces. They told me they could not put the upgrade computer software in because my capacitors were from 2011. They said it was a factory mistake and that they would upgrade them when they became available. Has anyone had this problem?? If so how did your dealer fix the problem or did they tell you the same thing. Greatly appreciate your responses.
Thanks,,

#3 ·
2011 has the 400 hp upgrade available,, don't know what they are talking about.

#5 ·
Well, if you can't have what ever the differences would be on your 12, then I'd be negotiating for new PCM's or a new price. If you'd wanted an 11, you would have bought an 11, right? (Did they explain the differences in "Upgrades" to you) Or do you already know? Or do you just want the newest flashes? But really, you're probably going to deleted any "Upgrade" they do with the H&S flash I imagine.... LOL

#6 ·
I have a hard time believing Ford put the wrong PCM in your truck, but anything is possible. If that is really the case you need to demand they make it right. If they have to someone at Ford can go out on the assembly line and get the right one and ship it to the dealer. Remember "The sqeeky wheel gets the grease".

#9 ·
BINGO

#10 ·
Before going to dealer did you load the h&s? Even the dpf on tunes?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.