Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Is this idea to far fetched???

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  SnowWhite6.0 
#1 ·
Its been an Idea of mine for awhile im a big diesel enthusiast, I live in south florida, well treasure coast. BIG boating community my idea was to take a 6.0 and drop it infront of a berkely jet drive. Come to find out later good luck trying to prop it!! So I looked and found this guy with a 21ft nordic speed boat with a duramax/allison combo, I looked at it, and on the side bar I found like 3-4 more videos, apparently its a common project for the chevy boys.. I was thinking why not a 6.0? I know them better then anything. good motor, stout bottom end, turns the rpms. Do any of you know if this has ever been done?

Finding the parts isnt going to be hard.. Its mating it up the drives, exhaust parts. Finding out if it HAS to be wet exhaust.. ( I would prefer if it wasnt)

except picture a 6.0 whistle.. :evil

#3 ·
they did an article in a past issue of diesel power, and i think they had to meet a mandated coast guard reg for how hot the exhaust could be

#5 ·
I couldnt find the article. :doh: Guess im going to have to live and learn..:evil

#10 ·
Yeah I like the 2 and a half times better on fuel...... DUHH its a duramax.. its not a 6.0! I knew that damn drive is whats going to to kill me.. 20k GEEZ..! Not many people talk about what o put behind the engine.. 2 stage clutch? full tq shift..?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.