Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

spartan tuned 6.4 vs 05 corvette

6K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  hotrodracer 
#1 ·
ive got a friend that has an 05 corvette and says it runs 12.3 in the quarter, although the car has never been down a track. iv got a spartan, intake, and exhaust. so which would win in a quarter mile street race, not on a track just down the road. i know i would blow him off the line but i think he might catch me once we hit like 80 mph. let me know what you guys think and if you have raced a vette before and the outcome...

#9 ·
I raced my cousins 07vette, 1/4 mile. He couldn't catch up in time. Lol

#14 ·
Didn't know EL was stronger.. I'll keep that in mind if I ever race him again.

#19 ·
Only race 1/8th mile and you will win. I've raced a few, even a Z06. They all caught me between 80-100mph. Just depends on how much tire spin he gets, the further out you jump on him, the more fetchin he's gonna have to do. 4high, boost up to about 10psi, then flat to the floor when hands drop. :rockwoot:

#21 ·
And depends if his is an auto or manual, and if he's a good speed shifter

#23 ·
There is no 05' Z06 so its a coupe. Vettes arent the best at launches, having IRS and all.
If he runs low 12s in the quarter he has a few mods done. So id guess 1/8th no prob taking him, after that he;s gonna find ya!

#25 ·
Probably low 12's with a professional driver, with perfect weather conditions and a fresh drag strip

#26 ·
If a professional driver runs a low 12, you prolly have a good chance of atleast givin him a run for his money. If you get a good launch and reaction time. I don't think you'll beat him but he won't blow your doors off either. I ran a 12.96 with just an intake, exhaust and tune. If I woulda let more air outta the tires and had a little Better launch I could have prolly ran a 12.8

#27 ·
12.68-12.72 is possible in a Spartan tuned crew cab. That's intake, exhaust, and 310 file. No other mods. That's pretty much sea level, a decent amount of weight out (7700-7800 lb race weight), and a really good 60 foot (sub 1.70). 12.80-12.95 seems to be pretty average with a decent 60 foot and close to sea level. That's around 8000-8200 lb race weight. It'll take you really getting some weight out to hang with a 12.3-12.5 second car. You'd need to get down to 7500-7600 lbs with you in the truck to have a legitimate chance at the drag strip.

#28 ·
But if that's based off a professional driver, the chances are the guys not gonna run quite that well, that's why I was saying he can prolly hang pretty well. I still don't think he will win but it would be a pretty good race. My time was with a fully loaded lariat and a tool box full of tools in the bed... Prolly coulda shaved a little off by taking that out and the spare tire ect... Would be interesting to see how it'd run after that. gotta love these tunes though. All my cummins buddies hate me haha :ford:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.