Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

T500 HPOP low ICP

15K views 65 replies 13 participants last post by  tbolt 
#1 ·
New T500 HPOP and now I have low ICP. 1300 ICP at wot. New ipr and new oil drivingit right now, about 100 miles and not getting better. Thanks for ideas.

#2 ·
What was your ICP before?

What about the ICP sensor?

What is your duty cycle @ WOT with the 1300.

Can you data log a roll into WOT logging RPM IPR% ICP PW

#3 ·
have you talked to Joey?

#4 ·
Just put it in a few hours ago, and a little over a 100 miles and no change. I can log it but not sure how to save or send, I just got the snap-on verus, and still learning. If I just roll into I can get 1500 out of it but at half throttle she falls off. If I'm in it hard it will spike 3200 when I let off it.

#11 ·
he said it was a T500 Joey.

#12 ·
I will check sensor. The truck run good before swap, just wouldn't keep up with tunes. Wot was dropping to 2200ish before. Now hard starts and very low icp and no power.

#14 ·
I just put t-500 in my truck it was 2200psi before and now 2950psi with 5w40 syn in it. Duty cycle was at 60% and climbing with old pump in freeway pulls now the highest I can get is 40%. I still have long crank times when starting though. I have about 100 miles on it so far.

#17 ·
No difference really cold or hot around 500/14. If I unplug icp it really runs like crap at idle, not sure about driving with it unplugged, I guess I could try that. Thanks for the quick replies Joey

#18 ·
500 that a bit low and with that duty cycle I would be thinking it would be higher than that.

Sure you have not oil leak at all at the IPR. Maybe a crushed oring. Maybe pull the IPR and take a look. It only takes a few mins. Same with the ICP. Just to make sure.

Where you careful to make sure the gear was fully seated and square before you installed the washer and nut?

A few questions for you: Not looking at the ICP numbers etc how does the engine feel like its running? Smoking bad? whats power like? How sharp is throttle response? Idle quality?

#20 ·
yes I have verified injectors are good. I swapped ipr's and no diff. The truck will hardy get out of its own way. Idle is rough. Throttle response is good smoke is normal to a little heavier then normal. Gear look good, unless there is something I'm missing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.