Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Solid 500hp transmission build

13K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  turboaz2 
#1 ·
Whats needed to accomplish a 500hp capable E40D? thinking a suncoast kit and valve body/ pump upgrade with a PPE triple disk converter. any help or advise is welcome!

#2 ·
i prolly wouldn't run suncoast anything at that power level... call bts, jw, or twisted if your going to do it yourself and use their parts... all of them build trannys that hold more power then that unless your not going to build it to use it all the time and just puzzy foot around all the time then suncoast parts would prolly work..

#3 ·
I'm not going to build it I'm going to pay someone to. It's going to be an occasional puller so it needs to hold up. Is suncoast that bad? I've built plenty of Allison's with sulu coast components and never had a slip. But I don't speak ford lol maybe they are different

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#4 ·
Suncoast is pretty reputable. A lot of people run their internals if you are going to be having someone local build it.

#6 ·
suncoast is ok at near stock applications on a e4od/4r100... yes they do have parts for other trannys that do great at higher hp levels... but at 500 hp its a hole different ball game for a e4od/4r100... if your going to have some one build it then why not just order one from bts, john wood or twisted diesel... all known and proven time and time agian...

#7 ·
I had suncoast trans in my truck and loved every minute of it. I wasn't near 500 horse. but I was happy

#9 ·
No. But I would still use their parts. Suncoast parts won't hold at 500hp... BTS is close to 5000$ shipped to your door but that's with a 2yr unconditional warranty, unlimited miles and HP..

#14 ·
Billet, cryoed, or now 300m shafts are what's holding the big HP trannys together.

#15 ·
John wood sells a kit as well. Might want to look into it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.