Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

discovering the super snake

2K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  keblmo 
#1 ·
Call me an idiot, but I just discovered the 2012 super snake. Ive been obsessing over the damn thing for about 4 days now. I cannot get over how much power these cars make, as well as the price tag. I know you can turn a GT500 into a 750HP machine with way less money, but the super snakes hold there value. Watching videos on youtube, and reading about them, is making me go nuts. I wish I knew somebody with one... LOL, like everybody else i guess. I went on the website, and "built" one. 94k, for a 800 HP Mustang, street legal. I dont think custom tunes is going to help us out much with that monster.

#3 ·
I would like a Mustang - about a 2008-2009 GT500KR. Its 540 hp - that would suffice (for a while until some CTS-V or Z06 spanked me!!!)...
The Super Snake package would be fun, fun, fun...

#5 ·
Out of my price range for a summer car...

#7 ·
If I bought one, I would want a man car that would spank all these rich kid's cars. I think the car I would want to beat is a ZR1. Directional Driller that Im working with has one, man that car is bad... GM though, damnit.

I dont want to sound crazy, but Ive run against a couple a 2012 SS camaros, and if they hiccup on a gear, I can pull on em. I know those cars are fast, but I think our trucks arent too bad either.

I really like the Shelby GT500's too. Ive never been a mustang guy until I started looking at em.

#9 ·
I think the car I would want to beat is a ZR1. Directional Driller that Im working with has one, man that car is bad... GM though, damnit.
What do you guys run for a drill/drills?
We recently picked up a little DW JT2020 - there is a growing demand for the service up here, and will complement out backhoe/bobcat business..

#8 ·
Lots of my friends have restored old muscle cars and they are cool - value wont go down / but they dont drive them much! I want a car to rip around in the summer months and have AC, etc.
I have looked at cars in the 08 vintage - GT500, Z06, CTS-V.
I am a big guy, and the Vette driver cockpit is narrow. The CTS-V would be a sleeper, but not quite noticeable enough for me. The GT500 is scoring points bu default! The Z06 is much lighter than the Mustang, and hence will easily outperform it...
You will need a big budget to beat a ZR1 - so low, light, powerful, and big tires!
A friend just got a Camaro SS and wants to race - I am scared to push my tuck as hard as I would have to in order to run him down (if it even could with a boosted launch in 4x4)?

#10 ·
Would be nice but i could build a faster car for way less than 90k!!! give me 30k and ill build you a 1000hp car...might not be as purty but itll get her done...but then again what kind of warrantee do you get with the super snakes? They look sure enough bad ass to me...

#11 ·
JAY... that made me laugh pretty hard. "It'll get 'er done".... hahahahahaha The super snake has NO WARRANTY. Then again, if you build a Shelby GT500, you lose warranty as well. You can build a 750 HP shelby for about 11k, from what Im finding. The difference is, if you build a shelby, its still only worth the price of a shelby. Have a super snake built, and its still going to be worth a super snake. Value is what it really comes down to.

BigShow, not quite sure what your asking bud. The rig that Im working on right now is a diesel electric, 750TON mass, 800 HP draworks, 25 FT KB, with a 600HP top drive. Its a great running rig with our diesel generators. These new Gas generators, just dont stay running very well.

BigShow.... Im not saying the SS wont smoke you, but I am saying the two that I have run with, didnt pull nearly as hard as I thought they would. Both of them missed 2nd to 3rd shifts, and it cost them. Keep in mind as well, these are not from a dig either. I promise you, from a dig, the SS with make you its b!tch. I was rolling at about 15-20 MPH before got into. Pretty much accross the intersection. Im assuming I was spooled to about 10 PSI of boost by then. 4WD launch?... why not. I would do it.

#13 ·
#15 ·
I saw a you tube vid of a super snake shipped out of galpin. The dealership is about 20 minutes from me right now. I wonder if they get a lot of orders for a super snake. I know they are a reputable dealer in SO CAL.

#17 ·
That was my initial thought too. In a two door car, I would think 500 HP would be plenty. Have you run it in the 1/4 yet?

#18 ·
its not as hard to get 800 to the wheels as you think...my old 72 nova with sticky 10.5s would hook purty good,,,,it dynoed just a hair over 900

#20 ·
Carol Shelby 950-1100 hp models for the 50th anniversary is the coolest thing i have ever seen

#21 ·
I am having a (premature) mid life crisis and want one of these cars as a summer driver! I have looked at prices on the 2008/2009 cars but the 2010 cars arent priced much higher and come with the extra 40hp that the KR cars had in previous years.
I will be selling my 1970 fastback Mustang and using that $$$ towards one of these (or a Z06??), probably in place for next summer...

#22 ·
I want one bad too... If i knew where life was taking me right now, I would be considering it.

You can order a shelby through a dealership, then when they take delivery on your car, they will have it sent to Vegas, then delivered back to the dealership... If I understand the concept correctly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.