Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

4x4 Probem.....HELP!

856 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  itsdieselornothing 
#1 ·
Im having an issue with my 4x4, the last time i put it in 4x4 it never fully came out of 4x4. When i go down the road i can hear a light growling sound and when i make a sharp turn at a low spped or hit a bump in the road, i then hear it get really loud, like its grabbing the front driveshaft and doesnt stop til i hit another bump ( sometimes lasts for about 10 sec). Does not sound good, i have taken the hubs completely off and no difference. passengers side wheel hub u joint ( i think) spins free but the drivers side does not when in park. Dont like driving it like that.....plz help!
Thx

#2 ·
BUMP TO THE TOP
THX

#3 ·
Have you tried putting it back in 4x4 and the. Backing out in reverse when you take it out of 4x4? Had to do that with my old bronco to disengage the 4x. Also if you think it is the transfere case sticking have you tried to manually disengage it? Just some thoughts.

#5 ·
ESOF and yes have tried to put it back in 4x4 and tried reverse also!

#6 ·
i just went out and took hubs out and noticed that i can move both front axles up and down with my hands, What does that mean and what cost am i looking at?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.