Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Spartan diesel

17K views 61 replies 35 participants last post by  superstrokePaul 
#1 ·
I ordered a spartan tuner for a 6.4 with 350 hp tunes last week. $1250 bucks. I get it an its not even programmed to do egr deletes. So i call to find out what i need to do. Guy said get serial number vin an stradegy an call right back an we will take care of you. I call back An the women answers the phone an was carrying on a personal conversation in the back ground for nearly a minute before i said "excuse me ma'am" She responded "yeah" i told her i just spoke to a man an told her what i was told to do an she said well i cant help you, your gonna need to email tech support. She procedded to call me a "lil Fu**@# " an hung up on me. So needless to say i will never be doing business with spartan again. An there tuners are nothing of what ud expect. Sorry to rant just thought id share maybe save someone some aggravation

#3 ·
Do you have the latest update? The new update has all egr delete tunes and el/ll options. Spartan has been nothing but great to me and I wouldn't go with any other tuner but Spartan.

#5 ·
As far as the EGR delete tunes go, they are on our website ready for download. All you need is log-in information to access them.

I am in the process of getting to the bottom of the incident on the phone. It's hard to pinpoint who it may have been that you talked to since we don't have any females employed at Spartan Diesel Technologies.

#9 ·
Hmm, I smell another troll. I saw/replied to same thread on .org

#11 ·
Maybe Im wrong for assuming a troll but it seems suspicious given the "details" or lack there of, of the story...and the whole post count thing..

#12 ·
It was def. a women, an def. the right number, An it was def. spartan because i called 3 times within the hour. She didnt say her name, she didnt say much of anything.And as far as the EGR tunes, i understand its just internet updatable, just the fact i bought the tuner with the 350 race tunes an it still has to be updated just kinda aggravating.And since i havent had many post on this particular forum that makes me a troll.... Believe what you would like i would love to post stories about how awesome there customer service is an how much they have taken care of me, but that would be false.

#14 ·
Sorry to hear about your experience. Just a side note, my dad and I purchased brand new sct programmers a little while back and neither would work on our mustangs. Brand new programmers with out of date software. Most companies mass buy the programmers and release new updates over time. Either way Jeff will get you squared away and I'm sure he/mick are more than happy to work with you.

#13 ·
Yea every tuner like SCT H&S and spartan u have to update. Updating is pretty simple I kno it could be aggravating. Word to the wise Jeff could correct me if I'm wrong but don't run the 350 tune if u don't have a built trans I heard the 310 is pretty solid and makes a lot power. After u get everything updated and on the truck it's going to be worth it trust me.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#15 ·
Hmmm how about this, Jeff just posted on here for you to talk to him and if you keep down the road of complain after he reaches out to you this thread will end. So how about you take his offer of figuring things out then come back.

#17 ·
I've never once EVER had an issue with spartan or any of their employees. Jeff is always super helpful and everyone I talked to on the phone was super nice!

#18 ·
This is the first bad thing i have ever heard bad about Spartan, I have several buddies that love their customer service. Within the year I hope to try Spartan Tuning on my Pickup to compare it to IDP.

#19 ·
I sometimes wonder if some people have ever heard the term..
"Patience is a Virtue"
~Mike~

#23 ·
Seems oddly fishery to me brother.
Maybe it was the cleaning lady?:evil
~Mike~

#24 ·
do u sell just spartan programmers? how much are they? on your website i only saw bundle kits and prices unless i didnt look good enough? sorry for the stupid ?, i have an 08 an im very interested in buying a programmer from yall. a buddy of mine here in anderson sc has one on his f450 an its sick

#25 ·
Yes sir! We can certainly sell just a tuner to you. The price for just a 6.4 tuner is $1249.00. All 6.4 tuners come preloaded with every tune we've ever created. The range of tunes runs from 40 HP to 350 HP. These are dyno and track proven numbers that are true rear wheel horsepower gains ABOVE what the trucks make, in stock form. You have a huge selection of both early and late lock files, as well as some tunes designed specifically for towing, some for daily driving and some that double as daily driver/race tunes. Our tuner has the largest color touch screen on the market. User controlled gauges can be viewed in either analog or digital format. It will also read both Ford specific and generic diagnostic trouble codes. We sell and support products for only the Ford Powerstroke. Call our office and we can answer any more questions that you may have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.