Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

harpoon mod DIDN'T WORK!!!

6K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Loy Customs 
#1 ·
I am sick and tired of it taking 20 min. just to fill up a half a tank in my truck, finally had time to do the "holy" harpoon mod and nothing changed! on the two tank vents the check balls work in the tank, neither looked clogged nor were they even dirty. what's next? drill a hole on top, rtv a hose and route it somewhere? seriously!

#2 ·
if you cut both fill tube and vent tube inside the tank as close to the top as you can...then I would make sure your vent hose from the fuel door down to the tank is not kinked or plugged..other then that there is no reason it should not work..

#5 ·
I did this a long time ago, and last year I put a 2011 bed on mine, the filler door is in a different place so i had to do a little reworking of the fill tube. SO know It takes for ever to fill after about 18 gallons, I looked at it good, and the only thing I se is my fill tube hose has a bit of a sag below the top of the tank. Once its emptl I,m gonna drop it and look at it better, I checked the vent valves over the winter, nothing there looked wrong. I get this figured out in a couple weeks , I,ll let every one know.

Dan.

#7 ·
The OBS trucks use the fast fill tank mod and it works. Remove the tank vent, put in a hose fitting adaptor, run the hose up to near the top of the fill neck and cut in/weld a hose fitting into the neck. This way the tank vents to the fill neck instead of through the internal vent line through the fill hose. You can even go to the junkyard and look for mid 80's fill necks with the vent line fitting already in them and patch that section into the filler neck. Do a search for "Fast Fill Tank Mod" in the OBS section for all of the details. Transfer Flow makes a kit that does the same thing but it's a lot more expensive than the do it yourself mod. About $40-50 for DIY PVC plastic pipe fittings and hose and about $200 for the Transfer Flow Inc. kit.

This mod works so good you can even use the big truck pumps at the truck stop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.