Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

6.4 street pulling truck

8K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  TheFinalStroke 
#1 ·
Twin fuel system, 100% over injectors, h&s XRT with kem tuning with 4700 rpms rev limiter, Tial wastegate setup, Traction bars, custom front extra shock to fix bounce, integrated into the frame rear block, Stock turbos, Air Dog lift pump, Southbend billet pulling clutch with full S.F.I ratings, Custom intake horn and cold side cac tube. Daily driven and pulls competetively in the 2.6 class. $45,000

#2 ·
Badass truck man!

Just out of curiosity, why did you decide to stick with stock turbos on all that fuel?

#3 ·
We wanted to see how far the factory turbos would go with real amounts of fuel. Plus for the pulling club rules we couldn't mod the turbos, would have had to go to a single. Pulls a trailer and boat with this so a single just wasn't a real option.

This thing is just plain scary powerful and streetable. If you drove it you would ask yourself why everyone doesn't add the fuel and leave the stock chargers. They make north of 60 psi on this setup and the wastegate opens when the backpressure hits 70 psi so it is very well balanced.

#5 ·
I went oposite and added tow power turbos and didnt do any fuel mods besides the air dog. isnt done yet so i dont know how its gonna run yet. do you think i made a mistake?

#7 ·
Im liking them now but the cab wont be down till end of the week. watch my thread eilte review next week and i will try to get videos up. I have no idea what it will be like but im told ill love it. just makes me alittle nervous when something like this shows up on stock turbos and more fuel added. Makes me wonder if i made the right move be going the other way. Ill keep you guys posted

#9 ·
Aren't you in the madison area? Just drive down here and take it for a spin and see what you think. Then you can make your own opinion and give others a non biased opinion of the truck.

Have photos of how you have the extra front shock set up.

Whats the smoke like w/ the stockers and 100%??
What setting you run when pulling the trailer and boat? Id be concerned w/ egts with all the fuel.
He pulles it on the 345 tune. Tows the trailer on the 75 tune. Dailey drives it on the 210 tune. The 210 smokes and feels like a normal truck running a 345 tune maybe stronger. The 75 is smoke free. The 345 will smoke no stop for as long as you want it to.

#11 ·
Egts are lower across the board on what feels like a similar hp setting to a stock truck. Large nozzles, and proper fuel pressure allow the truck to get the same amounts of fuel in a shorter pw. This gets a more accurate fuel timing event and a better burn, thus lower egts.

#13 ·
Lube yes im right outside of madison been a huge fan of the american ride since i first saw it in center two years ago. My girlfrinds brother is the "farmers nightmare".

If it would work out id love to drive down by you and do some sort of testing or videos of the both trucks once mines done. I fear it wont be for awhile as this nice weather is keeping us busy and corn planting is about to start and it mite not be for awhile but it would be cool to get them side by side and give guys a idea of what both set ups can do!

#14 ·
I got a truck at my shop of a guy who mentioned being friends with Jarrod. Forgot his name but have it written down at the shop. Just swing down and drive the truck. Don't need yours to drive this one and give an opinion of how you think the truck runs.

#17 ·
if i had the money I'd snatch that truck up in a heartbeat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.