Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

traction bars

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Tylus 
#1 ·
Im looking to make my own traction bars, but i don't really know where to start. If anyone has any insight id greatly appreciate it.

#3 ·
#5 ·
Start out with 2 top links from tractor supply, and cut em in half. I ordered 2" DOM tube from All Metals Incorporated, but you can get metal tube locally I'm sure. Ordered brackets from Ballistic Fabrication two weeks ago and still not here, not returning any emails either. If I were you, buy 2 pieces of 6-8 foot tube since you're not sure how long you want em, and cut until desired length.

#6 ·
yeah you just use the tractor links for the ends there way to short the way they come

#12 ·
powerstrokejunkie where did you get those brackets to attach to your frame and axel My truck is a single cab and lifted 4.5 inches with 35s so its a little taller than stock. I like the pmf traction bars i just don't like the price if i can try to make some similar for a lot cheaper.

#14 ·
Is it a good rule of thumb to match the drive shaft angle? Is it better to weld the mounts to the axle and frame?

#15 ·
you might want to consider a shackle or rubber grommet for the front mount. hard mounting bars is just a recipe for a broken bar at some point

articulation of the rear leafs will cause those bars to bind up the leafs. a shackle/grommet up front will prevent the wheel hop, but it will let the leafs move a bit

OUO uses a radius arm style bushing...kind of like the 80-96 F series used for the front axle radius arms

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.