Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

6.0 issues after mods?

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  BBowden73 
#1 ·
Hey everyone here is the deal. Just done an egr delete and oil cooler on the ole 6.0. After starting the truck it seems to miss while idleing and it also randomly goes to a high idle position (1000 RPM). The truck also still has about a 10 deg split in the ECT and EOT. Anyone have any suggestions?

#2 ·
10* is fine, when cruising at 75 im consistantly 8-10* if it breaks 15 thats when you should get worried. as far as the miss, i would double check to make sure you didnt knock something loose while you were in there

#4 ·
That idle tends to happen on my truck but i think its just a normal thing, but as far as the miss i'd make sure everything is secure and tight and that might fix the probably or it might just be a problem that coincidentally occurred around the time you did the mods

#5 ·
Well not sure what has happened. The truck will start and run fine one day and then do the above mentioned problem the next. Plus now the truck will start and die sometimes too. Not sure what happened so I guess the search for a good running 6.0 continues. HAHA.

#6 ·
my started to do the same thing and it stopped when i replaced the fuel filters

#7 ·
Sorry I haven't posted a response in quite some time. Done some research and found the problem. Well here is the scenario that led up to me fixing the problem. The truck would start up and die immediately. It would do this 3 times and then start and run rough until warmed up. So after doing some research I started monitoring the ICP and IPR readings on my Scangauge. That is where I noticed that the IPR reading would spike to 55 or so after starting and then the truck would die. I also noticed that after the truck did start the IPR reading would be around 14 until the engine warmed up. And then be around 22 to 24 when it would run normal. At this point I figured that the IPR valve was taking a dump. So I removed the IPR sensor and found that the screen on the sensor was clogged. I cleaned the sensor screen and reinstalled and now the truck runs and starts as it should. The only thing I can think is that I knocked some crap down into the HPOP resevoir when changing the oil inlet screen during the oil cooler change. Lesson learned. Clean the upper resevoir really good before removing or changing the filter screen for the HPOP.
:doh:

#8 ·
I think your problem is on the fuel side. What is your fuel pressure? With your IPR showing low commands,it would appear to have enough pressure on the high oil pressure side. Your "start and dies" would appear to be fuel related. All guesses from this side. Test,verify,repair.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.