Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Nitto Terra Grappler all terrains..

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  03fathead6.0 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I put a set of these on my 4X4 Excursion coming from Toyo all terrains..the Ex feels like its all over the road! I'm thinking sidewall flex, just curious if anyone else has ran into the same thing...BTW my Ex has F350 4X4 springs front and rear, hellwig antisway etc....rode great on last tires, now feels really squirrely. I did check the front ball joints and did have to replace all 4 fronts..not fun job...anyhow..thoughts? Would have gone with Toyos again but they went from $309 each to $475.00 each in 3 years?????? WTH?????

#5 ·
Load range E 10 ply tire.....65 PSI...I haven't put two new ones on the front yet..weird that two old and two new would make it feel like this...old tires are on the front..they are not quite to the wear bars....when I get another extra $700.00 I'll put the new ones on the front..

#6 ·
My first set of terra grapplers did the same thing. About 200 miles it went away with no explanation or changes. This last set I put on was a different size and I put them on a wider rim and no problem at all.

#7 ·
Mine were all over the road for the first 500 miles...then got better.They don't last long on my truck. 15 k and they are almost done! My trucks suspension is perfect...never tows and no hole shots.

#8 ·
Sounds like you all with the unexplained stop in squirm reached the working heat cycle with the tires, at least it sounds the same. I did some research a while back on the jello feel with motorcycle tires. wondering if i had gotten a bad set from dunlop. The tire tech at a track day told me the silica compounds in a typical tire has a expected heat cycle life before it becomes a little harder. Not a good thing on a bike because the tire's contact patch wont conform and give good traction leaned over. However the on road every day riding would get better due to the stiffing effect of the tire. I'm just throwing it out there and i know our tires especially a E load rating tire, has a much harder compound and longer life expectancy and stiffer sidewall just thought it sounded the same all around.... Might actually be the case...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.