Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

New 6.0 head questions

12K views 52 replies 15 participants last post by  STROKER05 
#1 ·
Turns out my head were cracked after I was told the were fine.... So I'm getting 2 new factory ford ones. I heard they should still be machined before putting them in is this true? I would think not because Ford should already have them plum and square. Thoughts???

#2 ·
IDK you would think so but I have heard of multiple people claim that they arent true when new and you should have them checked for flatness and pressure checked.

#3 ·
Thats what I'm thinking but at the same time I'm thinking why spend the money ford is a huge company and they should have it right no problems, why is my machineist be better than fords. Dont really want to spend the money but its probably worth it

#5 ·
Yup you did I had diesel in coolant too. Warrenty coving it but i heard for 1250 to 3000$ a piece for factory ones

#8 ·
dont buy factory fords!! waste of money, i have special ordered aftermarket race ones on order that are casted beefier around the valve seats where they are prone to crack, they are much meatier casted and wayy stronger, $625 brand new with new valves and springs and such, getting them from clearwater cylinder head out of clearwater florida! look them up! the only downside is that you have to wait about a month to a month and a half to recieve them but well worth the wait!!!

#11 ·
Do you have a web page for these heads? Any performance 6.0 heads I've seen have always been modified factory heads and I only see remanufactured heads on the web page I found. I've seen a few custom cast Cummings heads but never seen custom cast 6.0 heads.

#10 ·
I'm not buying them there under warrenty so I get free new ones

#12 ·
I got a set out of Texas from cylinder head international.... 1100 for the set, and they have a 12 month unlimited mile warranty on them.... I had them checked when I recieved them and they were good to go.

#13 ·
i havent been on the web to see if they had a site, i got the number from work and called them over the phone, they are NOT modified stock heads, its a complete NEW casting of its own much beefier and stronger in the areas where the ford ones are weak, its called clearwater cylinder head and their number is 1-800-572-1963, i HIGHLY recommend them, give them a call and i guarantee you'll be ordering a set of the aftermarket ones like i did!

#18 ·
thats not true cartmanea, if you do your research you will realize that there are custom castings NOT ford or OEM heads whatsoever, a completely different cast with more meat in certain areas where the ford ones are weak, call clearwater cylinder head and you'll see why i beg to differ, i did my homework for quite some time before i jumped on any purchases. they are brand new AFTERMARKET heads and come with a 5 YEAR/Unlimited mileage warranty

#20 ·
Wish they would indicate that more clearly on the web site that they make their own heads which are better then stock. Their 5 year warranty states it is void if their is accidental over heating, abuse or neglect. I wonder if they consider tuners as engine abuse?

#22 ·
Yah no kidding!!!!

#23 ·
ill snap some pics when i get them in, they are a very reputable company so i see no reason for them to lie about them. but i can understand why you would be skeptical. i wanted nothing but the strongest and best so i wont ever hafta pull it back apart and when i came across these it was something i couldnt let pass me up.

#24 ·
Maybe it's just me..but...there is no way a company is going to cast their own cylinder heads for the Ford 6.0L and NOT advertise them in any magazines, or forums.
I call complete B.S
With the amount of money required to make castings...and the skill required to engineer them...why didn't they make them with larger valves, beehive springs, etc?

I don't think they would want to keep these heads a secret...

But....that's my opinion...

#25 ·
well ill let you know what i recieve when i get them in, give you guys an update when i actually have them in hand, they are casted overseas to cut down on all the costs of manufacturing, but are casted with our materials and specs. ive told you all ive been told, letcha know what the truth is when i get them.

#26 ·
casted overseas to cut down on cost? dude you are going to get some remanned heads..... there is no way they are going to cast brand new heads and sell them for 600 each.... the chunk of steel would be close to 600... not to mention the time involved in the machining..... good luck

#28 ·
Wonder if cast overseas means China. The company I work for bought over $200,000 in cast valves from China, they all went back due to porous castings. We no longer buy anything from there.

#30 ·
Looks like induction hardening wonder if press in would be better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.