Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

? about Zone 2.5" suspension level kit

4K views 16 replies 3 participants last post by  Riverrunner 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I wanted to get your opinions on this level kit from trucktoyz. I currently have a 2.5" mini spring pack from Icon and track bar relocation mount, not adjustable.

Is an adjustable track bar a better way to go? Would an adjustable track bar help make it easier to get the steering wheel straight? Do you guys think those leaf springs are quality? Thanks.

http://www.trucktoyzstore.com/realm/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=2317&idcategory=603

Thanks

#2 ·
FWIW - 95% of the research I did said the adjustable track bar is the preferable method to keep the axle centered. Not sure about the steering. I spoke with a local shop and and a guy who has had this kit on his 99 for 5 years now and has had no issues. This shop said it's the kit they prefer on a late 99 to 04. I liked the extra leaf since the PSD is heavy and my springs are pretty flat. I spent a lot of time reseaching these things and I liked it the best vs a hanger kit.

It looked like a quality kit to me so I bought it. It's being installed right now. Time will tell how good it is. I ordered mine directly from Zone.

#4 ·
We'll I'm not sure where the 2.5" comes from but I ended up with 4.5" of lift out it. 38.5" before...43" after. Maybe my front springs are tired after 136K. :confused: I'm sure it will settle a little but not that much. I wasn't planning on adding blocks in the back but now I have to as the front is way up in the air. Probably going to replace the 2" stock block with a 4". :doh: Damn tires look really small now. :pointlaugh:

Never fails...I've rarely had an "upgrade" go as planned. :rolleyes:

#6 ·
I just did a 2" mini-leaf pack and X-code springs....ended up with a solid 4" of lift. I DID do an adjustable track bar. I put 315-75-16 tires (16x10" wheels) on tonight... and it appears I need to shorten up the track bar a tad. Seems the axle is slightly off to the right. :pointlaugh:

And to adjust the steering wheel, you need to adjust the drag link bar. (The one that goes from the steering box/pitman arm to the steering linkage.)

I'm still playing with mine trying to get the steering wheel straight. :doh:

#7 ·
Yea it's not easy to get the steering wheel straight it seems unless you've done a few of them.

Thanks ToMang, I'd like to just lose the oem leaf springs that I have and replace them with the leaf springs in the kit or something better if it's out there.

Who else makes quality leaf springs that are 2.5" over stock for these trucks? Then I could get an adj. track bar seperate.

Thanks

#8 ·

I got a Zone adjustable track bar off ebay for $100 plus $15 shipping. Pretty nice unit.

#11 ·
Thanks for the pic. Honestly it doesn't look too high in the front, imo. It doesn't even look like 4.5 inches, it looks like a 2.5 inch level kit to me from the picture. I think it looks just right on your dually. What size tires do you have? Thanks riverrunner.

#12 ·
The pic doesn't show it like standing next to it. The front is noticeably higher. My truck being a DRW only has a 2" block on the rear so I think the 3.75" or 4" f350 block will be what I need to get it to look right.

Tires are 235/85's . I'll be running some 255/85's one of these days.

Attached - before and after

Attachments

#13 ·

IDK man... looks about level to me. Whats the measurement between the wheel-wells and the ground?

#14 ·
We jacked the back up and 2" is what it took to look level so I'm going to replace the stock 2" block with a 4".

I've driven it and it rides fine. It's a little firmer but it feels nice and tight. Need to get the rear blocks in so I can get an alignment. It'll be fine although it's not what I had in mind.

before...

#16 ·
No problem. I've talked to Zone and they suggested to remove a leaf or two starting at the bottom of the pack to reduce the lift. As I've always noticed, not all trucks react the same when the modding begins. I'd rather have it taller so 4" blocks are going in this week and then the truck will be level. Now on to tires...

Just as a side note, Zone's customer service is pretty good. I've sent a few emails to them before and after the sale and they always responded within a couple hours.

#17 ·
The final product. 4" blocks in the rear and new 255's. I think for a dually it's just right and still usable with no spacers on the rear. There is plenty of space between the tires. Total lift from stock turned out to be 5.5".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.