Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

SCT/banks ?

5K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  cartmanea 
#1 ·
I am asking this question for my dad. He has an 04 F-250 4x4 with CAI, pillar gauges, 4" TBE, Banks Six gun, and now it is stacked with SCT xf3. When he bought the truck it came with everything but the SCT. He wanted more power so I suggested SCT of course but we are not to sure what is a safest tune/ best mpgs with these two turners stacked together. Right now he is running the Banks on 3 and SCT on street tune. It doesn't seem to make a difference with which setting the banks is on it still acts the same and gets the same mpgs. Thanks for any input on what he should do to get better mpgs and performance out of it and being not to hard on it.

#2 ·
have you run the truck isolated to only one programmer to determine if there is any change? There are alot of folks who will say not to stack programmers and also ALOT that say Banks units are not that good.. all that aside, i had a banks unit go bad on me, and aside from hard starting, it just felt like there was no power from it. Once i replaced it with a new 6 gun, the truck came back to life. Try unstacking the programmers first to determine if you have a problem and then go from there. good luck.

#3 ·
Yeah I tried that at first and the banks works but not that great and not very good mpgs. Together they work alot better than alone but I just want to make sure it is safe for him have both the tunes together. He is 60 yrs old so he doesn't go hot rodding around but he does want to move when he needs it to.

#4 ·
have you ever updated the banks? have you contacted banks support about its lack of function? I get the best milage on the highest setting as long as i stay off the floor with the pedal.

#6 ·
agreed.. if you can update the banks unit give that a shot... i had an older unit that would have required it to be sent in for an update.. but if the unit you have is a later part number and you have the the PDA or IQ option, updating it might be a good first step. I just finished a round trip to FLA from NJ on level 3 towing a 18ft enclosed trailer with 4 bikes.. averaged about 15 for the entire trip (down from 17+ the first leg due to getting on the thottle more in a hurry to get home)

#7 ·
yeah it is the older version of banks system, I don't think he want to have to mess with his truck anymore. I will just let my dad decide what he wants to do with it. Thanks for the help guys.

#9 ·
I am in the same boat with the Banks IQ and SCT. I spent a bunch of money on the banks 6 gun and the IQ system, just to find out you cant run an EGR or DPF delete. IQ is probably the best monitor there is and now people are saying you can run it independently as a monitor. is it possible to get rid of the 6 gun and get a SCT hand held programer with some canned tunes and custom tunes? while running the IQ in the stock mode? enabling me to run deletes and changing tunes with the hand held? If so is the SCT the way to go or is there a better tuner? i just really want to keep the IQ i really like it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.