Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Gauge ideas. Why are they so expensive ?

6K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Term3 
#1 ·
Why are gauges so expensive ?

I need, at the very least, boost, turbo drive pressure and EGT.

I get why EGT is expensive, because there is a bunch of electronics in it. But why are boost gauges so expensive ? Anyone have an alternative ?

Thanks

#2 ·
Given the choice, would you rather have analog gauges or digital gauges ?

Given the choice, would you mount a pressure sender on the engine or run a boost tube right into the cab to measure boost ?

Thanks

#4 ·
glowshift guages if you dnt want to drop a bunch of money on them, i have boost, pyrometer, and fuel pressure, i love them, the Glowshift tinted7 gauges is what i recomend, as long as you do not n***** rig them or halfass the job you will have no problems with them just like mine

#5 ·
Isspro EV2 if you want to do it once and with quality...

#7 ·
I've seen too many posts on bad Glowshift gauges, so I went with ISSPRO EV2s. Very high quality, and they are electronic. Just mount the sensors on the engine, run wires into cab. Much easier than fooling with mechanical lines.

#8 ·
Im going to end up going with a complete digital monitoring system a little bit of a "professional" look imo. Just haven't done much research yet. Probably wont change up my current truck but I will definitely do it when I buy a new one

#9 ·
I love my Dakota Digital gauges. They will also make custom gauges like a HPOP / Fuel pressure gauge I had them make for me

#15 ·
I love my Dakota Digital gauges. They are close to four years old now and they work like I installed them yesterday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.