Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Best gas mileage setup?

3K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  coldhanz 
#1 ·
Looking for what I need to do to get the best possible gas mileage setup since I've been hearing that gas and diesel prices are suppose to sky rocket during the summer.

#2 ·
Smaller tires, stock 265/75r16 or 285/75r16, and your right foot is the only luck I have. You can try some big tunes, helps others. If I drive nice in town I get 14 turning my stock tires, about 34" tall. And if weather holds have got 20 running 65-68 mph.

#4 ·
running down the highway i get around 16, but in town its like 12-12.5 at best... and i know the tires have alot to do with it. but i was thinking about getting a tuner to see if i give the truck a little more power if that'll help it any.

#10 ·
I second buying a beater. You'll actually get an Insurance discount by doing this. And having something small that gets good mileage can be fun at times

HWY sounds good but the city seems low. A tuner may help but don't expect miracles.
His #'s sound similar to mine. Hope his truck is lifted or something though. If those are #'s for a stockish truck...something needs to be checked out

100% city: 11-12.5 mpg
100% highway: 17.5 mpg...it's damn consistent
mixture: 15 ish mpg

#9 ·
I did the same thing last year when this happened, found a TDI Jetta now i get 45 mpg everyday, except F2fiddy Friday's. Now i have to get HG's so for now it's no fun Friday's for a couple of weeks.

D

#11 ·
I usually have a beater that is used just for transportation, save the truck for when I need it. I bought a Jetta TDI that I'm going through rite now for my next beater and I just bought a Ranger that I want to put either a 4D55 Mitsubishi from a old ranger in (I already have one, just can't find rebuild parts) or try to make a VW TDI work.

#14 ·
ya ive been looking around and actually am thinking about getting a harley, dads got one he said he'd let me borrow until i get one of my own. but it needs new lifters or tappets put in it before it runs...

#15 ·
does anyone even know a round about # on insurance for a 22yr old for a motorcycle?

#17 ·
its a harley the big cruising one with all the boxes and windsheild n such. damn i hope that shiz aint a 1000...

#18 ·
who needs insurance on a motorcycle

ihave f250 that gets 17mpg

buell xb9 that gets around 50 mpg

that puts at somewhere at 30 combined

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.