Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

what would you do?

new poll 2008 fender badges on my 2005? yes? no? (better pics inside)

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Down East Diesel 
#1 ·
i thought this was going to be a great idea. (i have seen it in pics on the net i know its not a new idea, i know its been done.) but with my 08 side mirrors and tailgate i thought it would really go good. now that there hear i am having second thoughts. the last thing i want to do is cut a hole in my fenders stand back and say what the fu(k was i thinking??? What is your take on it? i think most of you will say don't do it. and i'm still up in the air about it.

if i put them on i will be cutting the fender open to mount them in and losing the door badges. (there taped up white in the pics) if you have or know of a pic post it up.

if you had my truck and the badges where in your hand would you do it or not?

do the fx4 stickers look ok? or would you rip them off?
stock

with out insert

with insert

See less See more
#2 ·
I like # 2 but how did you install them

#4 ·
I say go for it with inserts but get some sort of grille insert as well to really make them pop!...I loved them on my 2005 front end. it definitely gives you a different look to the truck and more updated.

Chad

#9 ·
Did this on my 06 years ago... By the time I sold it, I was ready to swap back to stock fenders. It was cool at first, but lost its flare over time. Just my 2 cents having been down this exact road.

Cool for sure.. But the factory 05-07 styling is hard to beat once you swap the tailgate and mirrors of an 08+ truck.

#10 ·
I voted leave it alone and pull off the 4x4 stickers. That was the first thing I did when I got home the day I purchased my truck. The engine hadn't even cooled down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.