Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

what do you run in the 1/8?

8K views 29 replies 11 participants last post by  oconnors17 
#1 ·
i see everyone running 1/4 and posting times. what do you run in the 1/8? and what mods do you have done to get there?

#2 ·
A stock 6.0 with a sct will put you in a 8.5 to 10 range depending on your driving abilitys of course. In a 300' dirt drag my truck runs a 3.0. Sorry no 1/8 runs here eather.

#3 ·
I dont think you'll get in the 8.5 range with just intake exhaust and a custom tune. The weight of the truck helps alot. I've gotten mine down to a 8.9 with intake, exhaust and a edge juice. Haven't been back to try out my new setup. But other supercab short box trucks have been down to a 8.8. So i'd say a reg cab will be around a 8.7

#4 ·
I run 8.7 with a bad 1.85 60 foot I know if I ever get it to hook and launch I should be at a high 8.6

#6 ·
My 2004 - Stock intake, stock exhaust, stock injectors, stock turbo, tuned ECM and FICM, 33x10.5 slicks.

On #2 only (Farmington Dragway):
8.471 @ 80.23 MPH

On Water/Meth (Atlanta Dragway):
8.185 @ 83.51 MPH

Sub-8.50's are DEFINITELY possible with good tunes and a good launch. :D

#7 ·
damn nice time. But what did your truck weigh when you ran the 8.47? I really need to get back to the track. When i ran the 8.9....i only had intake, exhaust and edge juice w/attitude. Now that i have a built trans(but stock converter), intercooler, 190/75 injectors, 64mm turbo, tuned FICM and water injection...i'm hoping i can get it down to a 8.1-8.3

#9 ·
haha i know what you're saying about the launch. When raced a while back....a friend road shotgun at the track with me....and he couldn't believe how my truck launched in 4x4 when building some boost. The amount it throws you back in the seat is an absolutly awesome feeling.

#11 ·
dam! 2wd launches? what kind of pressure are you launching at? ive never used slicks before they must REALLY grab! what size are they?

#12 ·
33x10.5-16 on 16x8 Dick Cepek wheels. I run the tires at 12 psi but may even drop to 10 psi to give the tires a little more "grow" at top speed, not to mention help get a little more contact pattern on launch. Because the wheels are only 8", the tires tend to crown a little above 14 psi. It's nice, though. The wheels, tires, and tubes are HALF the weight of a stock tire and steel wheel.

It's funny... If you look under the truck right in front of the tire, you can see the stock muffler peeking out! LOL

#13 ·
what boost are you launching at?

#14 ·
Staging at 12 psi right now because anything higher than that and I can't hold the back tires still. Water/Meth Stage 1 (175 ml nozzle) starts at 15 psi with 100% D/C at 19 psi, and then Stage 2 (625 ml nozzle) turns on at 20 PSI. This helps keep traction out of the hole (not that it's really a problem) and gives the W/M pump about 200-300 ms to ramp before the big nozzle opens.

#16 ·
stroken6L are your dyno #'s up to date?

#17 ·
yes, this was done back in mid september on a dynomite load dyno without using the water injection. But honestly, they seem low to me compared to what others have dyno'd and have ran at the track. I just really gotta find some time to make it back to the 1/8th mile track in my area.

#23 · (Edited)
I weighed my truck once after dropping off a bunch of stuff at the dump and scaled at ~7900 lbs (CCLB 4x4 Lariat). It sits on 35x12.5x20 tires.

I ran:

60 foot --- 1.998
330 foot--- 5.922
1/8th ----- 9.260
mph ------ 73.41

I was happy overall. 3 other diesels that night (2 Cummins and a 1 Duramax) and they were about 0.5 second slower or more. All they had were basics (exhaust and tune) i think.

I have 4" exhaust, no cat, banjo bolts, airdog 2, IDP Extreme Race

#25 ·
I have run a fastest time of 7.83 ET 87mph 1.68 60' 1/8 mile @7650 with me in the truck. This last weekend the weather was less than ideal and I ran a 7.86 So Im real happy but now I dont know what else I can do to make it faster. I dont know if a trans would help me go faster?

#26 ·
those are good times :bowfast: what you have done

#28 ·
60': 1.95
330': 5.88
1/8: 9.23 @ 73.13mph
on 325/50R22 tires
I think wheel and tire combo are slowing be down some but oh well

Mods are all in my sig

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.