Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Can someone explain "modded" H2E please?

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Cratos 
#1 ·
Looking at buying a H2E over a 38r to compliment some 238/100 hybrids. Also going in with that will be springs, studs, adrenaline, different ic and 3" plenums.

So what parts of the turbo warrants the term modded? What would I want to change to compliment my setup from a standard H2E?

And on the topic, how would I know if I need to shim my 910 springs?

#2 ·
Is this a no? I know there is a wealth of knowledge out there regarding turbos.

#3 ·
H2e = 62mm compressor wheel and normally a 71mm turbine wheel.

Modded = 66 or 71 compressor wheel and 71 or 76 turbine wheel.

100% nozzles would like a modded h2e

#4 ·
modded via 71/71 or 71/76 ? If stock is 66 inducer then ya that is a little on the small side for the injectors.

#5 ·
I have a 66/71 with my hybrids.

I have heard good things about the 66/76 from those that have run it, but no personal experience.

#6 ·
What turbo do you have now?

If you have to purchase the mount kit and turbo, the t4 gives more and cheaper options than the t4i mounts allow.

#7 ·
I'm looking at a used H2E, not sure what mount it has. Now I have a stock turbo with a 1.0 turbine side. I have stage one's now but the other injectors with some more misc parts are going to go in when I get a turbo.

#8 ·
A modded H2E would pair nicely with those injectors.
A 38r will spool a bit faster & be a bit quicker off the line, but a H2E will flow more air and is a lot of fun when you hit 10 lbs of boost.

I wasn't sure on the shims either, but from what I read when researching it won't hurt anything if you do.

#9 ·
Thanks guys. I'm ordering a assorted shim kit and the mic made for measuring the height so I can set them all correctly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.