Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

I switched from a Powerstroke to a Cummins and I'm loving it!

8K views 76 replies 29 participants last post by  westtnfx4 
#1 ·
Yup I traded my Ford in for a 3rd Gen Dodge ram 5.9 Cummins and I'm prolly never going back. That's a bold statement from a 38 yr Ford man. My whole life ive been a ford man and just wanted a change. Glad I did. Heres a few pics and details. 5" Skyjacker lift, 35/12.50/17 nitto mud grapplers built 48re Auto w/ billet internals,MBRP 5" exhaust, stage 2 injectors, brute force intake and a few more odds and ends. Now a few pics. Enjoy :evil

See less See more
#2 ·
LOL what year was your ford?

#4 ·
Enjoy Your Fantastic Plastic interior.

#7 ·
Umm there all plastic and this one is nicer than yours.LOL
B!tches gonna B!tch LOL
You pinned that one one that's why I'm giving nothing but love :pointlaugh:

No...ignorant, idiotic, narrow minded, dunderheads will hate.....it's a truck...it has 4 wheels just like every other truck....no one brand is any better than the other.

...new rig looks nice...congrats!
Thanks man. Nice to see level headed people here :bowfast:

#5 ·
B!tches gonna B!tch LOL

#8 ·
Sweet tires on it. How many Miles on it? Kinda reminds me of my buddies old 04, His ran damn good.

#16 ·
Umm that's BS. You got it confused with 2nd gen trucks or somthing.

i must have missed the pic with your big trailer:doh:
jk, truck looks good
Fair enough....here's one load I hual :evil

my ford rattles more than my wifes 3rd gen dodge..... every plastic peice in the 01 excursion vibrates and rattles...... i never understood why folks think the 3rd gen dodge trucks are crap. the two weve had have been absolutly sound, no plastic cracking or rattling, deffinatly no door handles falling off..... weve put over 300k miles between the two weve had they are just as sound as the fords for sure
This man knows his stuff^^^ I have had both and they are both good trucks. The 2 gen trucks had the rattles and problems. But they refined them and mine is solid as a rock.

#15 ·
my ford rattles more than my wifes 3rd gen dodge..... every plastic peice in the 01 excursion vibrates and rattles...... i never understood why folks think the 3rd gen dodge trucks are crap. the two weve had have been absolutly sound, no plastic cracking or rattling, deffinatly no door handles falling off..... weve put over 300k miles between the two weve had they are just as sound as the fords for sure

#17 ·
like tank said good luck, wish you the best. we all have our own likes and dislikes, i don't care for a dodge because of, well everything except the engine. i also don't have any luck with VW and their diesels. allot of people i know have had the best of luck. They all build great vehicles and they all have a lemon or two. Its still fun to tease someone who does things different. good luck hope this one works better for you than the fords did.

#19 ·
Bout how much would a 3rd generation run for? The only thing I don't like is the back seat, looks like there ain't enough space.. And we are a pretty tall family. Lol.. Nice ram bud! Good luck with it.

#20 ·
Around here anywhere from $16-20,000 for a 03 and it gets higher as you go up in years......

About the back seat it's not as much as a super duty but is enough. Now the new Dodge trucks come with a full crew cab and not just a quad cab like mine.

Thanks for the comps :rockon:

#21 ·
Not my style but its a nice truck. I'm not sure why I'm just not a fan of dodges body styling but you have a solid motor there. As much as I would like to try something different I can't get away from Ford. It just seems Ford makes the best all-around truck and I dnt see myself driving anything else. Anyway goodluck and congrats on the new rig.

#26 ·
west you forgot to mention you didnt go directly from the powerstroke to the dodge. there was a gasser f150 in between

#29 ·
Your right. But I did go from a Powerstroke Diesel to a cummins diesel. Now get to recruiting :evil
Nice cummins, i own both, and i love my powerstroke for the weekends and my cummins is my work horse,
Me to. They now both have a soft spot in my heart. :rockon:
now thats funny.. good luck with the new ride
Thanks sir

#30 ·
I just bought a third gen dodge it rattles so bad in the cab you just have to turn the radio up. Between that and the exhaust noise causeing the change in the cup holder to vibrate, I don't know what is worse.

#32 ·
Owned duramax and power stroke,nothing about the dodge I like,do have a friend with one that is happy with his,he bought his for the Same reason cost less,but he realized he wasn't going to get crap for resale so he plans on keeping it for a very long time hope he is remains happy with it.

#34 ·
he realized he wasn't going to get crap for resale so he plans on keeping it for a very long time hope he is remains happy with it.
:pointlaugh:

You and him are I'll informed. The Dodge with a cummins has a very very good resale. I traded a truck that was paid for straight up for this one so it's paid for as well. Not concerned with $200 difference in resale value. People who Know and love cummins will give top dollar for a truck like mine.

#35 ·
So correct me if I am wrong,you traded a 02 7.3 straight up for a 05 cummins I am assuming that is the year they went to to 5.9 correct me if I am wrong cause I don't know much about model years of dodge and don't care to,if I am correct on the years of your traded and new truck that means that your old 7.3 is considered to be as valuable as your newer 05 Dodge,last time I looked there is no way in he'll you could trade a older Duramax for another newer straight up,or the same with a Ford for Ford,or one for the other,so unless your 7.3 had very low miles on it and was loaded and in show room condition then you should have not been able to trade straight up.

#37 ·
No I traded my 02 F250 for a 04 F150 and then traded it straight up for the cummins. I've only ever had 7.3's. Don't want a 6.0 or 6.4. So when I say I switched from a Powerstroke to a cummins I did but there was a gas burner in the middle of that as Jake brought out earlier in the thread.
Hey don't blame you for jumpin off the Ford ship after 6.0 & 6.4 years! The only reason a Ford is in My driveway is because of the 7.3 TD under the hood and the 6 speed stick behind it!
I know that's right LOL

#39 ·
Thanks. They are pricey. They hold their value well. I couldn't pass up the trade. I had a clear title on the F250. I had a clear title on the F150 and now have a clear title for the cummins. I can live with the back seat. It's really not bad as you think.

#42 ·
Nice looking truck, glad your back in a diesel atleast! I too am a lifer Ford guy, but I wont be jumping ship anytime soon. I just dont care for dodges or the cummins engine. Just personal preference, I habe driven many of them, latest was my buddies 07 3500 Megacab, not a bad truck and I do like the megacab, but just dont like the interior styling, and I hate the sound of a cummins......again just personal preference.

Hope it works good for ya! Bet it runs real good with the engine mods it has!

#44 ·
I am sure you do! Most guys think I am crazy, but it just doesnt do it for me personaly. Not real sure why I dont like it, it just doesnt appeal to me. Now the bark and whistle of my straight piped 6.0.......that excites me!!! To each their own I guess!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.