Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

six inch blocks or springs?

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Layson 
#1 ·
Do I have to use six inch blocks in the rear, or does anyone make a six inch lift spring for the rear?

#4 ·
Yes, very much agree. IMO you would be very disappointed with blocks.

#8 ·
When I bought my Rough Country lift I opted to buy the rear springs instead of the blocks. I know for a fact Rough Country makes a 6" lift rear spring.

#10 ·
I had a set of Skyjacker Softrides in my 96. I oped to go with the fitted add-a-leaf as well. The skyjackers are know to settle. And I didnt want my truck to be squatting a year.

You can also look in to ICON springs for possibly the best ride you will ever see from a lift spring. IIRC they do not offer them for a OBS but with a MINOR modification, SD springs will go right in

#12 ·
i have a 89 350 with 6" block in the rear..no complaints here drives and tows fine with no sway bar or anything

#13 ·
^^ even under a heavy load i have accidentally hit giant gutters in the road or pot holes and never had a problem

#14 ·
Even with 6" lift springs I still feel a little bind under heavy foot application. Pro Comp Traction Bars are going to be delivered on Monday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.