>> IDP TORQ 2.1 << - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Home Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum > Super Duty 1999-Current > 6.7L Power Stroke Aftermarket & Performance
Register Members List Timeslips Calendar Auto Loans Sponsors Becoming a Sponsor Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PowerStrokeNation.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:56 PM
buck russell
Resident IDP Expert.
Member's Gallery

>> IDP TORQ 2.1 <<

Eric dropped me a line and let me know that the new TORQ 2.1's were on the cusp of being shipped out and I could shoot down and pick mine up whenever I had a chance.

Decided to shoot down this morning and pick up the new TORQ 2.1 as I'm extremely impatient and hate waiting for shipping. While I was there, I had a chance to talk to Eric one-on-one regarding the 6.7 tuning, as well as some of the issues I was facing with my own personal truck. Those issues are posted here.

Eric kindly reloaded my tuner with the newest software and even reflashed my truck while I waited. Of course, I couldn't resist picking up an MBRP DPF back while I was there... The updated tune is great and I couldn't be happier with the software and the team at Innovative Diesel Performance. Sure, anyone can sell you a tuner or parts for your truck, but it's the customer service that keeps me coming back to IDP. While sometimes you might pay more, in the end the service is what you're paying for and you simply cannot put a price on quality customer service.

The new TORQ 2.1 is a more refined version of the original TORQ 2. The actual box itself is the same size but it has an adjustment knob on the top which takes the place of the in-box dip switches. As you can see per my picture, the box comes with a little screwdriver which allows you to adjust the dip switches without unplugging or opening the box. The next largest change is the addition of a transmission control wire. This wire helps with the torque truncation often seen when tuning these trucks. The transmission control wire is a hard splice into the wiring loom of the TCM. Before everyone freaks out, Eric has included a very clean connector for tapping the loom. Lastly, the control knob itself now has a 'locking-off' position. So, if you want, you can actually turn the TORQ 2.1 completely off. Just as the last unit, the install shouldn't take more than 15-20 minutes and is a simple plug and play operation.

A few things to keep in mind...

TORQ 2 & 2.1 boxes are not to be paired with the IDP tuner set on street or xtreme street. They are to be used in conjunction with the TORQ 2 file! If you use it on any other program (on the IDP tuner) you will more than likely get rail pressure codes.

ALWAYS work on a cool motor! Don't be a hero and work on a hot motor, you will get burned.

ALWAYS read the supplied instructions/directions before attempting this installation. While it's not rocket science, they're included for a reason.

Time/work willing, I will be installing this tomorrow and will be giving a full review on it periodically.

innovative diesel | first state line-x | wheel pros | maryland performance diesel | know your rights.
Reply With Quote Go to the top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2012, 08:29 PM
s_silva1999
Got boost??
Member's Gallery

Re: >> IDP TORQ 2.1 <<

Whats the other knob in the picture for? I been also talking with Eric on this and waiting for them to come in.. Now how do you tap it into the tranny? Do you have to splice wires or hows it work? Now my biggest choice is going to be going this route with the SCT or going with the green card h&s. What do you think or has Eric told you the RWHP with this and the sct on the 6.7? Thanks for all the info..
Old 03-05-2012, 09:03 PM
buck russell
Resident IDP Expert.
Member's Gallery

Hello sir, which knob are you referring to in the picture? The black knob on the left?

The transmission is tapped via a wire tap. The tap itself is included in the TORQ 2.1 package and is the red piece in my picture above. As mentioned above, the transmission portion of the TORQ 2.1 is mated to the stock TCM in the actual wiring loom located on the frame rail under the drivers door. The tap itself is not a cheap part and provides for a secure connection to the TCM wiring loom.

Honestly, I don't know what the RWHP is with the new TORQ 2.1 paired with the tuner. What I can tell you regarding tuners is this... While there are numerous options out there, I think the choice is pretty obvious. There is no other tuning company/tuner on the market that currently has software written specifically for the TORQ 2/2.1. Innovative Diesel is the ONLY company that has specific software written for the addition of this unit.

It's interesting to see others pairing the TORQ 2 with tuners such as H&S, Spartan, etc. and not throwing rail codes. This means they're either defeating rail codes internally or their tuning isn't touching the actual rail pressure settings and they're achieving the additional power through other tuning methods. As I stated above, if you use the either the street tune or xtreme street with the TORQ 2/2.1 you will see rail codes. This is because those tunes manage rail pressure via the software and the TORQ box is fighting the tune for control of the rail pressure and thus causing the truck to sense something is amiss. The TORQ file on the IDP tuner was created specifically for the use of the TORQ box and has the appropriate changes in order to prevent any rail codes or glitches.

Seeing as that I'm in the aftermarket industry myself, I did countless hours of searching and reading before purchasing. I came damn close to purchasing the Spartan setup, but waited for the IDP software. Definitely happy that I did so and wouldn't hesitate to do it again tomorrow.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:19 AM
InnovativeDiesel
Sponsor
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_silva1999 View Post
Whats the other knob in the picture for? I been also talking with Eric on this and waiting for them to come in.. Now how do you tap it into the tranny? Do you have to splice wires or hows it work? Now my biggest choice is going to be going this route with the SCT or going with the green card h&s. What do you think or has Eric told you the RWHP with this and the sct on the 6.7? Thanks for all the info..
Thanks for the feedback.

The knob is for adjusting the power level in cab. It'll adjust from 0-100hp over stock.

There's a single speed sensor wire that you tap into with our provided wire tap. It just screws together and connects to the wire. Once removed, you'll never know the wire was touched.

We are pushing ~460rwhp with the Torq2 and custom tuning built specific for the module. The Torq2 alone is 415rwhp.

Thanks!
Old 03-06-2012, 01:56 PM
6L strokin
1st murdered 2011 psd
Member's Gallery

any way to update the existing torque 2 with the trans wire? mine has trunction pretty bad on the 3-4 shift unless i turn advanced trac off...
Shout outs to Innovative Diesel, Snyder Performance, Street Diesel, North Texas Diesel
Old 03-06-2012, 07:17 PM
AMEC Electric
PSN Local
Member's Gallery

Detectable?
2011 F350 CC Lariat 6.7 4x4 Tuxedo Black Loaded* ICON 4.5 inch Stage II with 4 link and Deaver Mini-Paks * OUO 5" Traction Blocks/Bars * 20" BMF Novakanes with 37x12.50x20 Nitto Trails * ICON Dual Steering Stabilizer * RECON Projector, Mirror, 3rd brake, Cab,and Tailights * Pace Edwards Bedlocker * EPIC Door Seal Mods
Old 03-06-2012, 07:26 PM
utlonghorns416
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Someone buy my custom tmaxx rc truck, so I can buy one of these lol !
Old 03-06-2012, 08:30 PM
buck russell
Resident IDP Expert.
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6L strokin View Post
any way to update the existing torque 2 with the trans wire? mine has trunction pretty bad on the 3-4 shift unless i turn advanced trac off...
There are two different kinds of torque truncation with these trucks. The kind you're experiencing is actually the truncation caused by the traction control system. The kind that the TORQ helps regulate is the kind that happens at the top of each gear before it shifts. The TORQ module helps reduce truncation by adjusting the fueling to work within the factory parameters. If you're really mashing on it, you're going to have to turn the traction off as it will truncate due to wheel spin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMEC Electric View Post
Detectable?
That's debatable. Physically within the motor itself or by computer?
Old 03-07-2012, 12:29 AM
AMEC Electric
PSN Local
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck russell View Post
There are two different kinds of torque truncation with these trucks. The kind you're experiencing is actually the truncation caused by the traction control system. The kind that the TORQ helps regulate is the kind that happens at the top of each gear before it shifts. The TORQ module helps reduce truncation by adjusting the fueling to work within the factory parameters. If you're really mashing on it, you're going to have to turn the traction off as it will truncate due to wheel spin.

That's debatable. Physically within the motor itself or by computer?
By computer, as in void warranty
Old 03-07-2012, 02:02 AM
InnovativeDiesel
Sponsor
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMEC Electric View Post
Detectable?
Absolutely not. The beauty of the Torq 2 is that it's a simple plug and play device. It's quickly removable with no trace of the install.

Thanks!

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 454
01PSDiesel, 04f350guy, 04MT, 06 f250 man, 06TWO50Diesel, 07outlawpowerstroke, 07strokerftw, 08straightpiped, 08STROKER, 08_stroker, 09hd6.4, 09stroker, 11_stroker, 135Hoser, 16yrenthusiest, 1999 7.3L, 1badpsd, 2000Censtroker, 2000XLifted, 2006.1f250, 2006Duty, 2012 King Ranch F-250, 2012ford350, 24vCRtoAStroker, 24Vford, 2wd-FIRE, 31 YNOT, 4613, 4x4 Nut, 4x4freak, 6.4LStroker, 6.9to6.0, 66IH1206, 6L strokin, 6Point7 Power, 700rmk, 74bronco, 79broncoidi, 8 Strokin, 808diesel, 8urzo6, 92f350cc, 95tutone444, 97_f250_7.3L, 99sd, 99whitePSD, Aaron S, aarons7.3l, aggie2011, ajennings, AKpowerstroke, AlbertaStroker, AMEC Electric, Andrew010, anth, anthony02tolson, augustus89, austin229, Austin_Bennett, AZFairlane, B18B1LS1, B3YOND, Bair, banshee01, baskin6.4, bbronco66, bcangelo, beeman, BeerCan, benfordj, bfuelstroke11, Bigblzr94, bigbrdf250, BIGCSS, bigfords, BIGGPIGG4x4, BIGN, bigpete73, Binder man, Bixby, Blackdawg, blacknight, blacksmoke.r.us, BlkWolfe, bltp203, Blueovalnut, Boogeyman, Boomer5, boss, BrianC, brmpipes, broncojason, buck russell, BWilliams, c.mills, Cajunhunter67, camr, CanadianPS, caseih7010, CATdiezel, cc2cuz, cgalla, CGMKCM, Chains12, chodifer, chris1976, CJF250SD11, Clomax, Cobra 19 & 54, cobrat03, Codydiesel, colecoop56, cpadula1, crack_7.3, Cratos, Crazy Canuck, crete3845, ctdiesel99, cth, cya ls1, D2HP, DaBandit, dbunyip, dc5!hella, deereman, Deerezilla, Default15405, dentexpowerstroke, devildocc, DevjWilliams, dganoe, DHG1078, DillonC, Diver86er, dixiefishing, dlguns, DMDP, Dozerpilot, DragonSlayer, drh4250, drwoodchopper, dubswyoming, duratothemax, Dustball8504, Dustin F2504x4, E99Superduty, eastern, EverettWV, f-bolt, Falls250, farmer_bob, fatheadon1, Fiji981, fine69, Fl Stroker, Flyin' Hawaiian, Focus1, FoolishPride, Fordyman, Forever, fpOwerstRokeD, Fr0gstomper, Frenchy, funyun, fusionhq, Fyrman25, gbkeith, gdfry, geared_low550, gnxtc2, GoDawgs, gotsmoke'12, gpoc, grainbin, graycobra, Grey6.0, greyf-250, gsxr1300, harrymank, hawkeye, hdelp82, hill_billiez, Himark800, hirevn, HiVoltage, HMSINC, IDP, IHPowerstroke7.3, imotopunk, ingrahams, InnovativeDiesel, insuranceman, int6.7, Iowa PWRSTKE, iracemx6, itsdieselornothing, J DIDDY, J HO 22, jake1086, jaker1987, James W, jascott, javi-ford-fan, jaygreen80, Jayh5, JayZ, jcc01, JCU Delt Ox, jd18, Jesse@MBRP, JGod, jgon08, jhaddox, jimdawg185, JJLEMAY, joec410, joediesel, joediesle, JoeJR82, joestroo, joe_r_dog, Johnboy3, Joker4life, jonboy1544, josh baker, Josh F250, josh wilson, jr6.4stroker, jsimon724, jt0199, jtlane, jtyrrell366, Juniorf250, justin_for, kam9381, klos, Klutch, KR69IDI, Landleveler, lead foot, lestermartin, lhansman, LiftedMoose, likearockdc, LILGSX, lnghbrs, loconut21, loudmouth, LuckyFarmKid, Lyrch75, madmaxracing, madtired1469, mandkole, Mario A DiAngelo, markm, Marty, medicman88, metallihockey88, MikeL21, mikiewpb, millerj, minzbig, mitchellwalker, Mochates, Mpoage, mrplowjr_ez_v, mtcrss546, muddy951, Murmaaan, Mustang mike 93, Nader74, navydiverdlt, Nealster, NeedaStroke, nick0360, nitetrain, no-tel-in, norris, North Pro diesel, NorthofNowhere, novakid69, ntruderrider, NWPAStroker, oconnors17, one2nine, onebadf150, ONEFASTSTROKER, OneStockQuik6.0, PanikRev41, parne, patrickke, patriot2500, PaulBoss, pccurr, pdizzleinmt, Petro, pipedobber, power-stroker, Power12, PowerPerformanceChainsaw, Powersmokin2324, Powerstroke Man 6.4, powerstroke.11, Powerstroke08, PowerStrokePete, Powerstroker09, powerstrokeracing, PowerStrokin6.7, PPDINC, Pro-4 #31, ProjecT 9, PStroked, Pumped 101, pwrstrk6.0, Quackaddict, R350, R8rone, RacerPuller, Ranchstroke, rdunagan, red superduty, RedBull_04, redjet, Redneckpimp, RHCDIESEL, RIDE3311, rideracelivemx7, Rmartin-97, roadkingfl, RocketSled, RollinBlack, rollingcoal14, rollingcoal69, rpm-inc, RRandal, rudyfontana30, ryancovey, sacu, saleen398, salnazzaro, savage250, Sciulli, scott2001, scottiet22, scro, Second_Life, Senderofan, sgoochds650, Shaun Lindmark, Shawn881, Shayc5, Shellb, sickboystroker, silver stroker, SILVERSTROKER250, sirkdev, Siscokid, SKEETERMAN03, skinny, skp, Skyd Ram, sledhead455, SLO DZL, slvr bullet, Smoker00, smokin_h, SniperCSA, sniper_101, sno-x139, snopro_69, socal2ks, SonicDiesel99, spderjhn, spdfreak, spencer785, spencer922, Spiderex109, SPless, stangbang, Stein357, Steinbrenner, Stephen189, Steve'O, stingin scorpion, straightaxle, strok-n, Stroker, StrokerHarder, strokin20, Strokin6.4, strokin82, strokin83, strokinak, Strokinandlovinit, strokinDa6.4, Super6, super73, superih, SUPERIOR OFFROAD INC., superstroke80, surfdunn, switch., s_silva1999, t4050nh, talon932, Tampa450, tavis43, taz1, teetogreenfx4, tekemp, texans, texoma, theGreenHornet, thepowerstroke, thompsjk, thunder1, toads250, ToddPSD, TomzToyz2, tonka-stroke 6.7, TrickTruck, TurboDiesel, turk317, Twotone08, Txlogdog, Ty's Diesel, U235a4, uga33, UpstateDieselGuy, USMCAV8R, utlonghorns416, venom, Verndog, WalterDavis, WasGas, washy, WBPIV, what a mess, white king ranch, Wildcat, wildjon, WoodBoy, Woody35, Wrath, wrongway, xtreamracer8, younggun55, ywngmn454, ZIKA, zr1pat, zsommer79, ZVariable, zx800x