Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

GoGo direct drive solenoid.

29K views 64 replies 24 participants last post by  Ivan 
#1 ·
I purchased a Go Go direct drive solenoid and it doesnt want to fit in the slots that are in my tranny. Its an 08 6.4 Job 2. The part removed from the center rear solenoid is: 3C3P7J136AB.....The part I recieved is:
4C3P7G383AA. It seems the slots that align the solenoid to the trannt are higher on the Go Go solenoid. Did I recieve the wrong part? Any help with this would be appreciated.
PSDplayer...sent you a pm on this too.

#2 ·
Anyone else that has this issue....rotate it to 7 oclock! Thanks Doug!

#4 ·
Yea I put my selenoid in kinda wrong I didn't kno it had to be at 7 o clock position till after it was installed so idk. I got a electrical code for the selenoid and still have the p0766 code after the install. There was one day when I got it to shift into over drive but now it's stuck in 5th o well hope it worked out for u. Meanwhile I'm planning on a rebuild kit from suncoast. When I dropped the pan there was hardly any metal shavings it was pretty clean. Just make u dont crossthread or overtighten ur tranny plug. I did on mine and now it has a slow leak to it. Wondering how I'm going to fix that I can't losen it or tighten it it just spins o well I guess.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#5 ·
0766 code. Not good. Mine had the same code "Shift solenoid D performance or stuck off". I also replaced that solenoid and no change at all. Long story short, you need a tranny overhaul man. I also didn't have any clutch material or metal shavings in the pan. When you put it in reverse and give it alittle throttle, does it shutter at all??

#8 ·
So far it's been great. The 3rd to 5th shift is a lot firmer. A definite difference. No metal in the pan. Replaced the filter and oil. Well worth the time and money. I find 5th gear engages as firm as the 2nd to 3rd shift.

#11 ·
the gogo solenoid is an EPC solenoid modified and tuned on a flow bench.

Its a different solenoid than the direct replacement direct clutch solenoid so it doesnt slide in with the connector location being perfectly straight. You have to turn the solenoid so it slides all the way in. It doesnt require modification at all.

It helps a TON

#15 ·
What all does this help? just the sticking in gear issue? I just got a brand new trans from ford under warrenty and am loooking for somthing to help it a little. my 2-3 shift feels real weak. and at the track last weekend didnt seem to want to hit OD.. went through traps at almost 4000 rpm.

#17 ·
Can i get a link to this part or where to get them? Can you get a replacement shift solenoid also?

#29 ·
How much are these things I kinda wanna try em out

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#33 ·
I just talked to my Trans guy and he had no idea what I was talking about, he proceeded to pull out this booklet and show me all these holes that had to be drilled and lines that had to "bypass" this and that... I was like woahhhh, I know this is what you have to "update" the 5R110 from the minor issues they may have. I told him I wanted a price for the install of a TC and the solenoid, and his reply was when you get them come show me. Yeah, unless I can find a different trans place I may be SOL... I no longer have a trans jack, or any knowledgeable friends to help me do it myself so Im stuck paying someone....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.