Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Whos still making power with stock head bolts?

8K views 26 replies 22 participants last post by  04smokeman 
#1 ·
Let's not get out of control with this and stay on topic but if your tuned and still going strong on stock head bolts lets hear it I have the mods in my sig on stock head bolts no problem so far I know on a 6.0 it's not if they blow it's when they blow I know this but how many miles on stock bolts have y'all gone?

#2 ·
I have dynoed 397hp can't remember torque on just bullydog power pup and have 28,000 miles since I bought it a year ago total miles 131,000 at 117,000 miles I did stand pipes dummy plugs stc fitting and egr delete now I'm runnin looney tune and in the plans r ficm tune and a new fuel system

#6 ·
got 127000 on mine with 4inch turbo back no cat or muffler intake fass fuel system sct with innovative tunes egr delete and pushin 40's

#7 ·
92,500 on the clock. Mods below and driven hard. I pull stump grinders, trailers, and loads of wood often.

#9 ·
I think a poll should be added to this thread to give an idea of percentages and mileage.

#13 ·
120k miles tuned stock bolts stock gaskets.

#15 ·
Have over 177k on it now and it was stock till 169k been running srl since then and doing good. Tried to dyno it yesterday but got strapped in right as the dyno quit

#16 ·
10,000 miles when I tuned it with Matt's SRL

12,650 currently and loving every minute. Going to pick up a Looney and see which I like better, and at some point will do the studs so I can pump up the power

#18 ·
Im at 155k on stock bolts. Has anyone tried the Looney Wild with stock bolts yet? I havent tried it as to Vivian doesnt reccomend it with the TTY's. But I was just curious

#21 ·
Yea been leary of tuned with TTY's but, if the pop they pop.

#22 ·
Dont be, as long as you have a good monitor system and everything is in check, and you dont abuse it there is no reason your headbolts wont last, not saying stuff doesnt happen but I feel it would be very unlikely. I run the Super Pantie Dropper with a Pmax on stock headbolts and am fine.

#24 ·
I'm running innovative extreme race tune as a dd and I drive like I'm on fire from time to time with 135000 on the clock and now issues yet. Mi put down 428rwhp and 761ftlbs. And I run 35's.

#25 ·
106,000+ miles and no issues yet but it isn't driven that hard

#27 ·
mad 405 drove it from 88xxx-121xxx tuned innovative extreme race was fine until we hit it with a little nitrous made 525 and 915 just spraying through the filter ran fine for a few more weeks until a heavy load and a led foot took care of the gaskets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.