Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

35" tires with spacer on a level pics...?

7K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  tturbonegro 
#1 ·
I have 3" level kit front, 350 blocks in rear, and 35s on stock wheels...so they are not that wide (375/75/16)
Tires are still nice and crispy still so I'm not ready to do a wheel and tire combo yet..I'm also flipping back and forth about lifting 6"...for now I'm thinking of some 1.5" or 2" wheel spacers to slightly change the look..anyone have any pics of spaced put wheels or somehting similar?

This is how it sits now..would also like to do 08 mirrors, tailgate and bumper.

See less See more
#6 ·
I was running 2" hub centric spacers on my 08 F350 for the front end to make the 19.5 even with my F450 flares, but the studs keep busting and they were ford oem studs on the steel spacer. I spent $600 on the spacers and another $320 on studs. Then I said forget it im not running no damn spacers no more after my tire almost flew off on the freeway, it was held on by one stud and nut. I wouldn't run spacers well maybe its because the F350 so dang heavy I can see them maybe working on a F250. If not my best bet would be to go for the wider rim and off set to be safe. Then again that's just me do what ever you think is right its your truck :)

#7 ·
yah, i wouldnt run spacers. Im not sure what kind of rims you like, but you can get the M/T classic II style made by procomp for around $600 brand new shipped. plus look around on your local craigslist, there are always 8 on 170 rims on there around my area. Might luck out. even if you find a set you like with tires on it you can always pull those off and sell them.

On a side note, how do you like those duratracs? Im thinking of getting a set sometime soon.

#9 ·
Lots of guys are into that look where I live and none of them have had trouble that I know of...not sure what kind of spacers they are running but there are definitely good ones out there

#10 ·
I think it looks great the way it sits... Keep the tires tucked in nice and neat.

#11 ·
Well that's what a tech guy told me at ford he said it might be the wight difference and that the front hub on the DWR are designed different he said i could try larger studs or stronger grain wise. also could be my tires Im running. Im running 19.5 flatbed Michelin tires and these things make the ride so uncomfortable every time i hit a bump i get the death wobble for a good 5 seconds. and these tires are balanced and they have the right air pressure. I might just swap out for the 67W fatboy front end for the 08's to get the front end even with the tires.

#12 ·
What did you paint your wheels with and what steps did you take?

#16 ·
Wheels were painted with a wheel paint out of a can from advanced auto..no clear coat so I could touch them up if needed...it's been 2years and they are still holding up nice
I hit them with a scuff pad, then cleaned with acetone, then b4 they dried I hit all the holes with some lacquer so the holes are still polished, not painted black...looks nice when they are clean..once they get dirty you can't really tell

#13 ·
I have 2 inch wheel spacers I got on ebay... the ones with the studs and everything with them. I have had them for 20k miles with no problems at all... work great. Cost about 400 shipped for front and back

Also do you have any more pictures of your truck???

#15 ·
thats a good looking truck man. I agree with you though, it would look even better to have the tires sticking out a bit.

#17 ·
What rear blocks do you have?

#19 ·
You don't happen to know what kind of paint was used do you? Like the brand? I'm wanting to do that with mine but was worried it'd turn out like crap. But yours looks really good!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#20 ·
I work at discount tire and would highly recommend u do not get wheel spacers. The potential that you will break a stud or all of them are greatly increased. Not to mention the added stress on your axle and hubs. Plus if u get wheel spacers discount tire will not touch your truck for liability reasons so just something to think about.

Sent from my MB860 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#22 ·
My previous truck a 2001 has had 2 inch spacers for about 4yrs with no issues. I had the aluminum ones from ebay to be able to run the stock 20's with out rubbing. I was hessitant at first but really wanted the factory 20's on my truck so tried them. They are still holding strong sold the truck but still see it around. Good luck with whatever choise you make. Being that you have the black look going just het some nice aftermarket black wheels and be on the safe side.

Here is a pic

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.