Diversi-Tech Hitch DT-ALBM6625
Leer 100XQ Topper
Keyless Remote for Leer 100XQ
Coastaltech Lockpick
Pace Edwards Powergate
Recon Smoked LED Mirror Lenses
Recon Smoked LED Cab Lights
Recon Smoked LED Tail Lights
Morimoto mini D2S Bi-Xenon projectors / Gatling gun shrouds / 55W 4300K Bulbs / Smoked
Door Seal Mod
Edge 83830 CTS Insight Monitor
Recon LED Backup Light Bulbs
Recon Smoked LED Tail Lights

Before

After:

See less See more
#3 ·
Looks good
How do you like the projectors? Any better pics and any shots of them on?

Just an idea- I'd throw on some KR bumpers and maybe a PTM grille surround and your truck will look even better imo. Not to make it a KR clone, but it would tie everything together well.

#4 ·
Finally got then working yesterday will try them out tonight and try to get some pictures.

#5 ·
awesome! They look really good in the housings. I am wondering if they'll be as good as foreign projectors or other factory options.

#7 ·
Looks good. I second the kr bumpers and grille though. Would tie the black theme in better.

Great work with those projectors

#8 ·
Thanks for the pics! They do look good, and after some adjustment I'm sure they'll be right where you want them.
It's about 100x better than the factory lights I'm running now. I'm used to doing HID bulbs, but I may go this way this time around.

Great work!

#9 ·
the total front view looks mean!!! i think i might do something with my factory head lights....cuz i like my hids

#11 ·
I had JB @ Black Flames Customs (AKA Performance Auto Solutions) modify my factory housings, he installed the Retrofit Solutions kit with Morimoto mini D2S Bi-Xenon projectors / black gatling gun shrouds / 55W 4300K bulbs.
He smoked orange side lens and blackened the inside of the housings leaving the front lens clear so I would be legal in WI

Here are a few of the pics of my lights that he emailed me during the conversion.

#12 ·
I guess I should mention we had a heck of a time getting them to work, we tried two different harnesses and one new ballast but could only get one side to work and the other side was just the low beam only.

I ended up using a couple small individual harnesses that Retro sent, they do not have the bigger ballasts nor do they connect directly to the battery. I would assume that this is not the preferred method and that they will be even brighter when we get the normal harness & ballast combo working.

I will talk to Todd @ Retro next week again and see where to go from here.

Both JB at Black Flame and the guys at Retro bent over backwards to get on the road both over-nighting stuff for us to try. I have no doubt we will get it sorted out.

#13 ·
Correcting last post, it was The Retrofit Source NOT Retrofit Solutions!

#14 ·
Truck looks awsome!! Wanting to do the same sort of thing with my factory housing with basically painting the whole headlight unit, does it lose any reflection or brightness in your opinion? Is the black a flat black? and did he use the spray tint for the reflectors? Sorry for all the questions just really like the way it looks!

#16 ·
He did spray tint the reflectors and put a matte black on the inside of the housings. With the projectors they really don't use the reflection as they sit a few inches forward of the housing.

Truck looks great man. Where in WI are you? Im in the La Crosse area
Thanks, I'm in Ashland.

#15 ·
Truck looks great man. Where in WI are you? Im in the La Crosse area

#17 ·
So in your opinion if I was to do the same thing with factory housing with hids would it affect the light pattern, I have 6500k HIDS but not a fan off the with the chrome still on the inside. Yours by far look the best I have seen on the 2011-2012 trucks!

#18 ·
It would have to make a difference, just had to say how much.

#19 ·
Have I don't know I guess I have to sets so trial by error, thanks for all your info helps alot! I will post some pics with all the new add ons ptm bumpers grille and headlights!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.