Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

In need of advice

539 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Ron's power stroke 
#1 ·
I have a 2000 f250 with 37 inch tires love the tires but fuel mileage dropped 2-3 mpg yes I know big tires do this. How ever I want to put 4.10 or 4.11 in the truck so that it will be closer to a stock gear ratio the reason i went to these is because they are cheaper to run the 37's than to buy 4 285's 37's plus rims where only 420$ So i was wondering if my truck would feel stockish if i went to 4.10 or 4.11 thanks for the input oh and I have a 6 speed so im not too worried about the transmission failing

#2 ·
The 4.10's will help but it will never be as good as stock tires because of the weight of the tires. You might cut that in half but how long will it take you to recoup the cost of regearing?? Doing both frt & rr is gonna cost a lot.

#3 ·
trying to find some junk yard axles mine have been rebuilt before i bought the truck so i will rob the internals from the two and make one

#4 ·
good luck on that one

#5 ·
:whs:
let me get this right.. you want 4.10 gears and your going to use your internals in a different rear end to do it ?? kinda like getting no where fast isn't it??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.