Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

torn between lockers...

2K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  tbolt 
#1 ·
i will be ordering one shortly but i cannot decided..

1. the eaton true trac... i know it is an lsd but still on the list.
2. yukon grizzly
3. powertrax lock rite
4. and thinking about the auburn( but little higher than i want to pay..)
i think the yukon is more in the works than the others but the lockrite is the cheapest and ive heard they are good. so just want to hear from you guys. thanks

#4 ·
Tru trac in my pig.

#5 ·
I am not familiar with your 2nd and 3rd listed lockers, but I love my Tru trac.

#6 ·
tru trac is the only one to have for the street. I have had several and they are the best.

#13 ·
I prefer a true Detroit Locker in the rear, and a tru-trac in the front. This way you know it's locked all the time, there's been plenty of times with a posi in the rain that it's locked up partially through a turn causing a slide for a few seconds until it's corrected. I don't like the surprise of it locking up, I'd prefer to know it it whenever you're on the throttle.

The factory trac-lok in the rear can be built to work pretty well.

#16 ·
tru trac has no clutches though!!! Don't have to worry about wear or friction modifier as well. And it's stronger.

#15 ·
I run a Detroit locker in the rear of my f150 and an auburn ected in the front. With the Detroit I hardly ever use 4wd. I could have done without the front locker, but I do like the idea of when I put it in 4wd I have true 4 wd.

I just joined the powerstroke world and bought an f250 and it will be getting probably the same setup as in my f150. Definitely the Detroit and possibly the ected.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.