Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Exhaust Fluid System Fault

17K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  JimTJr 
#1 ·
I have a week old 2012 F-350. Yesterday my wife and I were about 75 miles from home and the dash message center displayed an error. The message indicated that I had 50 miles to correct the Exhaust Fluid System or it would limit my speed to 50 mph. This truck only has 1424 miles on it. Now this is Sunday an all dealers are closed plus I am several miles from home. So I decide to head for home in hopes it would make it there. While I was heading home I used syncmyride.com to get a vehicle diagnostic report and schedule my appointment for the next day at the dealer. I went exactly 35 miles an the code cleared itself. I'm thinking to myself the truck had a glitch. I drove another 10 miles when the dash message center displayed a tire pressure sensor fault. Now the truck has 1460 miles on it but by this time and I'm starting to think will this truck make it home. I figured I should do another diagnostic report for this error. Now I am still about 20 miles from home when I came up to a red-light. When the light turned green an as I was taking off the Tire Pressure Sensor fault cleared itself. I did manage to make it home with no other errors or codes.

So this morning I head to the local ford dealer, The tech looks at the truck and can see the codes from my adventure trip on Sunday. He takes the truck and starts looking at the coded errors. He tells me the DEF Injector needs replacing. No biggie, things happen but when I asked about the tire pressure sensor error he tells me the Tire Pressure System goes into sleep mode. Stopping at that red-light woke it up... Go figure. Even tho I have had these issues, I love this truck. I just hope these little issues will all go away.

See less See more
#4 ·
My truck has 84,000 miles. 2011, only had the tire pressure sensor pop up one time,, I definitely had a low tire,, he's full of crap,, find a different diesel tech!

#5 ·
Number one problem I see with def problems is bad fluid. The stuff goes bad after sitting for a while. That doesn't mean your injector isn't bad, cuz I've seen that too, especially on the Duramax.

Ya don't often see intermittent communication problems with wheel speed sensors, but that's what it sounds like to me. Usually they either work or they don't. In any event I would ignore that for now. These two problems are not related, if that's what you were wondering.

Sweet trucks aren't they? Strange engines though.

#7 ·
yea,, wow,, this forum moves so much slower than it used to, where'd everyone go? I used to get good info here, now it's dead it seems....I had PAGES AND PAGES of posts to look through if i didn't log in for a week,, it's been a long time between posts here for me,,, and forum is slow,,,,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.