Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Big Body inectors w/stock nozzles

2K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  theSLEEPER 
#1 ·
Okay so I have been seeing a lot about this lately and watched the video they had on PSA. OBVIOUSLY the bigger nozzle injector will flow more fuel in a shorter amount of time, however say you had a 175cc injector with a stock nozzle. It will still flow 175cc's but to get that you would have to increase the timing which would cause higher cylinder pressures. My question is how much does it increase?

#3 ·
You get a power increase at lower rpms with a stock nozzle once you get into the upper rpms(3000rpms+) there isn't much of difference from stock and you definitely feel a seat of the pants difference in the truck how is that not worth an extra $100 from stock rebuilds? Jmo

#4 ·
Oh yea hands down, I would for sure pay $100 extra rather than just having my stock injectors rebuilt.

#5 ·
Definetly I wish I would've taken a video with my 175s with the SRL tune for stock injectors after I got done because my truck fueled extremely hard. I might upload the SRL again and take a video because with the stock injectors it hardly smoked but with the 175s it rolled smoke out the tailpipe..thats why Its hard for me to agree with the flowbench you actually have to have them in a truck to tell the difference not just watch a flowbench. Not disagreeing with the factual information about nozzles but I know personally I am extremely happy with my 175/stock nozzles.

#6 ·
That flow bench was set at 200 bar. One bar equals 14.504psi. If your truck was only making 200 bar you would be fixing it. Even with this low Icp the 175/stock nozzles moved more fuel then the stock injectors. Granted it was only 145cc compared to 135, but increasing the Icp will only help the 175/stock nozzle injector flow more fuel. The others are maxed by their internal parts.

#8 ·
i agree stoker04. we put 175's with stock nozzles in my brothers truck and man did it wake it up! hardly a haze with the stock injectors, put the 175's in and its rolling it out the whole time. we really need to get it retuned for the injectors but matt wont retune it all he told my brother was his tune is the same with 175's/stock nozzles as it is for the trucks with reg injectors. that kinda made me alittle mad but o well.

#9 ·
Yeah Im happy with my 175/stock nozzles I had Chris at TSD make me a tune for the 175s and the truck moves pretty good now and runs very clean. There tunes are similar so if you want the tune revised I'd call Chris because it made a big difference in my truck, changing the tunes. Like I said Jesse had ran his 8000 lb truck with the S366 and 175/stock nozzles and ran a 13.7 which puts him at 510 rwhp. Bottom line is Im happy with what I bought and I think it was a hell of a deal.

#10 ·
Stock nozzles seems like a waste of time in my opinion. Not to say you made a bad decision stroker04, but, If anything, a higher capacity injector will make MORE cylinder pressure and torque on the low end because of the available stroke at X psi. If your stock injectors were maxing out on the low end, then yes, you will get more TORQUE on the low end, but to make more horsepower, you will need to increase nozzle size to get more fuel out in less time on top.

#11 ·
i do agree sleeper but like me some of us are on a real tight budget and for 100 bucks more from stock to 175's its almost a no brainer. i dont have money for nozzles at the moment but needed injectors right then and there and there is def more power now. stoker04 i am good friends with chris at TSD and im waiting till we get this tranny issue figured out and then im going to send the truck down there when ive got time to down it and he is going to live tune it for me and he will get to play with the tuning for the stock nozzles to get the most power out of it possible without tearing some stuff up. He is one heck of a tuner!!!!

#17 ·
im sure once the 6.7 market takes off (performance wise that is) we will see a drop in price for our stuff but thats just my opinion

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.