Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Anyone got a special/ different truck that could be featured in Diesel Power mag?

11K views 90 replies 32 participants last post by  96powerstroker 
#1 ·
Does anyone out here on PSN believe they have a truck that deserves a full feature in diesel power mag? if so tell me seriously . i already talked to Mike and Jason thompson about the DT360 truck and excursion and racing&drummin & NMB2's trucks they interested in shooting their trucks for Full feature as they different than most stories in Diesel Power.

so if you feel u have a truck that deserves a look at post what u got and ill let them guys know.

#3 ·
well anything special about it that would make it worthy of a full feature? if not i could enter it for readers rides. just PM all the info about ur truck such as

Year/make/model
owner
hometown
engine
programmer/chip/box
intake
injetors
exhaust
transmission
suspension
tires
ring & pinion
odometer
fuel economy
other stuff etc

#5 ·
Ok,.. Ill Play,..

Year/make/model :1989 F350 Crew Cab 4x4

owner : Darrin Tosh

hometown :Grand Rapids, MI

engine: 12Valve 5.9 Cummins, VE Pump, Denny Pin, Pump Adjustments, 3200 RPM Gov Spring, Larger Turbo Intake, PSD Intercooler w 3" piping, Propane Injection, 60LB Valve Springs, 50K miles on a Cummins Reman,

programmer/chip/box :NA

intake: 4" BHAF

injectors: Prince of Darkness

exhaust: Hand built, 4" to 5" Dual Side Pipes

transmission: B&M, Manually Shifted c6, Shift Kit, Low Stall Diesel Converter, aux bypass filter, PSD Cooler, Frame mounted B&M Cooler with Fan.

suspension: Bilstien Shocks, Rear Air lift with compressor, add a leaf.

tires: 315/75/17 BFG All Terrains

ring & pinion 3:55 limited Slip

odometer approx 350K miles on the truck, 50K miles on drivetrain

fuel economy: 16

other stuff etc. I had this truck shipped to MI from California 11 years ago and have been working on it and using it ever since. Full Resto/Makeover in 2006, Cummins Conversion in 2008.
Other addons, Gear Vendors Overdrive, Warn Wench Bumper, 1/2 Dually cheater rear Fender flares, Side Steps, Cross Enterprises Rear Bumper with swing out Spare Tire and Jerry Can carriers, Ford Torino GT Hood Scoop with Functional Turn Signals, Amsoil Bypass Filter Sustem, Air Compressor system with frame mounted air horns, 90 Gallon Fuel capacity, MOZZI 17"x10" Rims,
interior: Sound deadeinig, Custom counsel, B&M Shifter, Pillar pod and Dash Pod gauges, All factory stuff works, Gauges, ac, cruise etc. TV DVD Player, And all the normal stuff a good truck should have, Tool Box, Bedliner, Diamond Plate stuff, headache rack,..Ya know, stuff like that,..

This has been my Toy, hot Rod, Work Truck, Camper Hauler, Family Hauler, 4x4, all rolled into one truck, and my wife and I plan on using it for our retirement travels.

Here are a few pics:

I would be honored to be considered for a Magazine Shoot! you never know if you don't put it out there.

Thanks for putting this together!

#28 ·
Ok,.. Ill Play,..

Year/make/model :1989 F350 Crew Cab 4x4

owner : Darrin Tosh

Dang now that is a blast from the past!! I remember you and your truck from back when it was still an IDI and the basement discussions on TDS with Mel, Travis and Heath.

Truck sure looks good, nice to see some old iron still being used and loved.

Tanks doesn't need to be in a mag, everyone with internet access has seen him somewhere & knows his truck by heart. LOL
hahaha, but yea, maybe we wouldn't be seeing the same 25 pictures of Tank's truck again and again :poke:

Definitely some magazine worthy trucks in here!

#6 · (Edited)
yea i talk to Thompson ,Sands and mike threw PM's and so far they interested in NMB2's idi & racing&drumming idi and they like pipewhiner DT360 swapped superduty. they wanna shoot them.

i can probably get alot of these trucks in riders rides at least. i can send them to on of them and if they like what they see i can get ur contact info and they can talk to ya'll about a feature.

im just trying to get some different diesel powered vehicles in diesel power mag.

dmaxs and CR's cummins get old after awhile

i know their more guys out here on this site with bada$$ rigs that need featured. so if u feel like throwing out usernames thats cool. most ppl i contacted so far havent turned it down.

#8 ·
Harlan was wanting to get in this year once we get his interior done. His goal is at least one mag in 2012. I think he's already been talking to someone about it.

#9 ·
^^^ that's BAD! haha centerfold worthy!

#10 ·
that truck is badass

#12 ·
What's in your avatar looks pretty sharp. What does the rest of her look like.

#13 ·
Yea Ill play I guess. Dont know if its magazine worthy, but its definitely kind of unique with king ranch interior, 05 front, 11 rear and a 7.3 with a 6spd.

2000/Ford/F-250
(Me) Seth Davis
Riverton, WV
Ts chip live tuned by Jonathan Jones
afe
300/200s
5in straight pipe
zf-6 SB DD clutch
4in pro comp lift bilstein shocks
Bfg all terrains
stock 3.73 Trutracs front and rear
16-19mpg.

I DD, sled pull, dyno it. Has a full 04 king ranch interior everything functional. 11 tailgate with step and camera fully functional also 11 rear bumper. Full 05 front end with Harley grille and headlights. Amp steps. Custom T-6 turbo setup with gt45 turbo. I have dynod 674Hp with complete 7.3 stock forged rod long block. All work done by me in my shop. Also, drive it to and from all sled pulls and dyno events even when competing. Also tow when I need too. There is a TON of little details that you cant see or Im not remembering. Can not get pics to upload for some reason, but here you can see most everything about the truck.

Pictures by co04cobra - Photobucket

#15 ·
I mean who wouldnt, its worth a shot right, us Diesel Guys up north west (New Jersey Here) seem to have a hard time getting some recognition, theres some good trucks up this way....Heres mine, just a little work done to it, but would love to see it in diesel power!! Dyno results i had with previous turbo set up were 510rwhp, and 9?? torque...Goal is 600 rwhp, havent dynoed the new set up yet..Truck is built to be a daily driver

2006 F-350 Lariat
7" donahoe (icon) suspension lift w 2" spacer and larger black (9"-10") lift
24" Fuel hostage rims
38" Kumho road venture mud terrains
08 Mirrors
08 tailgate
Some recon light goodies

Motor work:
s366 turbo w double billet batmowheel and race cover
Dozers Diesel regulated fuel return
Warren diesel 205 injectors
air dog fuel system
Arp studs
egr delete
few other engine odds n ends
Banks intercooler
Banks intake elbow
Snow Performance Methanol injection
5" Stainless steel MBRP turbo back exhaust (dumps just over the rear axle)
Sct Tuner (innovative tunes)

Other Misc:
Painted Frame
mild custom powder coating under the hood
Complete Red Led upgrade on interior (all factory switches rewired to illuminate red)
custom guages
Glow shift a-pillar guages
Cts monitor
2 10" rockford subs
Pioneer avic dvd/nav touch screen unit

Whats being done right now (will be completed by march 1 2012)
Full custom interior:
sound deadned cab
Black leather seats with double red stitching, and black suede inserts
all custom black interior panels, trim, dash, center console.
Black suede head liner
custom hydro graphics (custom carbon fiber accents)
custome roof console (will hold methonal controler & switches)
08 rear bumper
under body lighting

Not the best picture of the interior LEDs but just to give an idea

#24 ·
ya'll got some nice show worthy rigs . idk whats up with them guys they havent responded yet over a DP. keep the truck idea for features coming though. i like seeing badass truck on here at least.

#26 ·
I really am truly sorry for derailing, and you're more than welcome to delete this thread after it's read... I just couldn't help it!

This belongs to one of the guys who has a shop near ours, and we couldn't help but dyno it after the diesels had gone after Dyno Day 2010!

#29 ·
damn i like the sound of that mower. and no need to remove that it diesel related sort of . keep the ideas and trucks coming

#30 ·
no more trucks???

#31 ·
Spoke with a guy from Diesel Power yesterday, showed him a few pics of my truck, and talked about some of the stuff I've done. I was pretty much told that it would make it as far as the Reader's Rigs. Guess I'm not quite "there" yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.