Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

'05 X and Oasis

644 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Crushor 
#1 ·
Good day to all. First post...at this point I don't yet have an X, but my wife and I are looking at an 05 X - EB with 6.0 Stroke and 94K miles. Looks new via advertising, but we all know how well that works. My question is concerning the X and the Oasis reports. Assumably since this is at a Ford dealership, there will be no maintenance records with it, however I will naturally assume (and we know what that does) that the sales rep will lie through his teeth that it is the best truck on Planet Earth. In reality, is there anything in particular that sticks out on the X's that I need to look at or look for to suspect anything negative about the X. Secondly...what exactly will the Oasis report provide me. My intention is that the dealership provide me with a copy of this report at the time of the initial vehicle inspection. Will this show me if and what any issues have been with this truck? I will also assume at this point that the truck is all stock, as I haven't seen anything in the pics indicating otherwise...this being said, I will assume that the head bolts are also stock. If so, are they easy to get to for us backyard mechanics?

Thanks all, I appreciate any information you could provide.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.