Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Rebuilds Or Remans????

3K views 35 replies 13 participants last post by  windrunner408 
#1 ·
From what I have been reading, there seems to be a huge dispairity between rebuilding/modifying injectors that have mileage on them as opposed to starting with newly remanufactured injectors.

My question is, why does it really matter?? If the injector can be rebuilt why not just do it with used ones?? Do injector builders not fully rework the injector like they would a newly remanufactured injector anyways??

I am all about doing the right thing for my truck when I upgrade parts, but I just am not seeing what I am gaining by starting with newly remanufactured injectors vice modifying/rebuilding mine.

Any insight here would be appreciated and it would be great to hear from injector builders on this one. Thanks.

#3 ·
I guess my question is, if I send in my injectors to be upgraded, will they be have all parts replaced or just the wearing/worn parts??

#4 ·
A rebuilt injector from jess is going to be just as reliable as a remanufactured unit from ford, alliant etc. I've had bad injectors right out of the box from ford too. No one is perfect. I see it being a waste to buy new remans especially what they cost now. Jess is doing the SAME thing that these companies are doing but he makes it affordable for the consumer, because he's in it for the good of the community, he could be charging A LOT more but he's not. A few years ago it would be a different story.

Jess replaces all internal/external o-rings, spool valves and plungers if they need it etc. Call him and he will explain it to you, I feel like going directly to the source for the information on stuff like this is better than getting second hand info from monkeys like myself :pointlaugh:

#6 ·
A rebuilt injector from jess is going to be just as reliable as a remanufactured unit from ford, alliant etc. I've had bad injectors right out of the box from ford too. No one is perfect. I see it being a waste to buy new remans especially what they cost now. Jess is doing the SAME thing that these companies are doing but he makes it affordable for the consumer.
I guess it might vary by injector builder and you are right Greg, I should probably call Jess and get it straight from him. I was hoping he might post so others could get it straight from him and this might help others as well as me.

I see it the same as you do, it appears (at least with Jess anyways) that when you upgrade (we'll call it) a used injector to a larger one that the builder replaces everything that would be replaced if the same injector was remanufactured and then upgraded and then the upgraded one gets all new stuff again. Just seems like a waste IMO. Hopefully, Jess will educate us all.

#8 ·
I think he is meaning used injectors in general.

#10 ·
See that's what gets me all require a core how are you going to reman/rebuild without them

or do some performance companies not want to deal with customers iffy injectors so they get remans from say Aliant and then mod those??

#9 ·
i had lengthy conversations with both matt and jesse about injectors and which route to go. they are both very very knowledgeable about them. I would trust either of thier opinions, after some conversation with jesse and the mileage i had on mine when he built them over the summer (58k) he said they will be fine, there basically new. After he explained what he was going to do when he rebuilt them i had full confidence and no concern about rebuilding my factory ones. And he told me he checks everything and if there is any doubt that something will not hold up he said he gets right in touch with the customer and explains the issue and goes from there.

I am sure Matt at full force does the same, but after talking with him he said they have actually cut down thier warranty issues to almost 0 since going to reman injectors. I was set to go with his set of injectors, but was having a hard time spending the money when i have injectors with such little mileage on them.

I would trust either ones opinion, Warren diesel was just the better option for my particular build.

#13 ·
Glad I was able to explain it. I do stuff like this for a living. LOL

On a related note, Warren is rebuilding injectors and has a helluva reputation for quality. Whatever he's doing, it sounds like he's doing it right.

#14 ·
Yea I just wished he flow tested his injectors if for nothing more than peace of mind.

#15 ·
Good point, and something I didn't even think about. But I honestly don't know who does and who doesn't (simply have never asked the question or tracked it since I'm using stock injectors). I DO know that injector flow has been called into question on several builds and I would agree that it's completely relevant. Hell, if I WAS in the market for upgraded injectors, that would definitely be one of the questions I'd ask.

#16 ·
Well I have heard that Warren doesnt, RCD does, I believe Full force does, dont know about Elite. Regardless if Warren does or not, I have yet to hear of a dissatisfied customer from him yet. Maybe he has just gotten all the folks that dont know anything but I highly doubt that. I cant take anything away from him. Everyone recommends him and at the end of the day, his injectors sound like they will get the job done.

I would really like to go with RCD and I know they have turned things around but that negative stigma is SO hard to get past for me. Kind of like the AD or FASS pumps. Just too many failures/unhappy customers to have complete faith in them.

#19 ·
Ok Greg, will do.

#20 ·
might want to double check again if jesse flow tests, we just sent a set out to him on an excursion were working on, hey bench tested them all for us. Good thing two, he had to rebuild 4 or them...

cant reccommend him enought!

#22 ·
Good to know. Thanks man. From everything I have read, it really seems like Warren is the way I am going to go. Just got to save up and get em.

#24 ·
Even if you go to the ford dealer and buy "new" injectors from them. What you will actually receive are remanufactured injectors. To my knowledge, no one makes brand new injectors.

#26 ·
Yea you would be best shipping your injectors to Warren and have him go through them for you.

#28 ·
Nope, I dont but someone might. Jesse Warren of Warren Diesel builds probably the best injectors for the money. I have yet to hear of one complaint, the guy bends over backwards to help and make sure you are satisfied, and can take your injectors and rebuild them to a better known condition than what you would receive by just going out and buying "new/remanufactured" ones at the dealer. JMO. Ask around.

#29 ·
only two injector rebuilders i would ever use is warren diesel! and ryan casserly. thats it anything else i wouldnt trust! if you need injectors from warren get ahold of 04stroker on here or call holderdown performance and he can get you a set out there at a much better price and quality than the ones you mentioned above

#30 ·
this aint something to #### around with at all. if you get poor built injector you will hate that truck. jesse warren and ryan casserly are the best its proven. if you dont want to send in your injectors to them than its worth it just to save up and pay a core charge and get a product you can trust.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.