Balls deep

12K views 94 replies 19 participants last post by  OSCS 
#1 ·
Almost done ladies

See less See more
#5 ·
Pretty sure you had your hands in one of them the other weekend LOL LOL

#9 ·
Much better now that figured out how to release the valve from the spring LOL shortly after we talked I realized I had a wedding to go to.. Totally forgot LOL I had trouble getting the rear most spring back in but a little modifying of the tool and she went in easily. I have the whole weekend off coming up so I'm going to drop the studs in. Hoping she'll be good to go by next Sunday, well everything installed anyways.. Waiting for jake to hook me up with a fuel system and that should be it.

#10 ·
Do not give yourself a dead line.

If your doing that much you should have pulled the motor. Been a lot easier and faster.

A trick I do is undo motor mounts and trans mount then Jack up the one side of motor at a time. Make springs and bolts easier to get to. You are going to hate the rear studs on both sides in the back. They suck to get to. Also make sure you get extra lube for the arps.

#11 ·
Oh and take off you wiring harness. Just is going to be in the way.

#12 ·
I would have pulled the motor but No cherry picker or space I'm doing it in the drive way.. I will be jacking up the motor for sure and no time line really. Also have PLENTY of lube, jake sent me a #### ton

#13 ·
Did the driver side first to familiarize my self with the process. The passenger is going to be a biatch with that AC box in the way

#14 ·
Its not to bad once its jacked up. My arms hurt bad after doing the studs.

#15 ·
so some guys get too much lube and some get sore arms? hahaha

#17 ·
Didn't get as far as I'd like this weekend. Had to go ring shopping :doh: got the studs in with out having to remove the wiring harness or alternator bracket.. Pain in the ass but I'm lazy and had a friend help get the Force needed to hit 125-130 ftlb torque

#18 ·
Im so glad my motor is on the stand! No pain and probably alot less time consuming. However the only reason its on the stand is because the one in the truck is blown up lol. Im sure if I was doing this to my truck while it was running I wouldn't have pulled it either. P.S better not forget that bottom injector hold down bolt on that front injector lol

#19 ·
Yeah Pulling the motor wasn't worth it to me.. It's really not that bad Once you have the motor jacked up. Injector hold down bolt is installed just paused for a pic

#20 ·
Yea when mine bit the dust I went and picked up a running motor put it on the stand and went to town. Hope to be up and running my end of march.

#21 ·
If this one ever blows I'll be doing the exact same thing.

#22 ·
Man I'll tell you what installing those studs in cab made me nervous. This is the first time I've changed studs and when I was pulling the old ones out you can hear the pressure release when the factory studs come out.. Not a sound I was excited to hear.

#24 ·
Well that makes me feel better. Didn't really notice the smell of the old oil I was to damn cold to notice anything other than my ass freezing.

#25 ·
Yeah, Houston high yesterday was only like 52* right? LOL Freezing cold!!!!!

#33 ·
Well I got all the head studs/pushrods/injectors and valve springs installed yesterday, along with the new T-500. Now I have to install the RR/fuel system and figure out where everything goes that I took apart and it's off to the tuner.

#34 ·
To all those guys that are about to attempt studs and springs without pulling the motor.. Do it. It's not nearly as hard as I imagined its only taken me this long due to lack of free time. Honestly for some one to pull the motor to do studs is WAY more work IMO.

#37 ·
Thanks I'm very excited to see what's this thing is capable of. A couple hundred extra horsepower should make a big difference

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.