Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

New Gauges Installed

4K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  06-sixoh 
#1 ·
Just installed my glowshift gauges, I still need to hook up the boost and EOT sensors but I have the EGT and Fuel Pressure working.

At idle and normal driving I am at 72-73 psi on fuel pressure and at WOT it drops to around 65-68...does this seem around normal?

EGT's are staying low, even on my Extreme SRL+ tune at WOT I hit around 1000 degrees tops.

Will get pics up when its light outside

#2 ·
Yep that is right. You loose pressure when your motor is demanding more fuel.

#4 ·
Where is your Pyro Probe? I'm guessing in the down pipe...

#13 ·
From what I know it's stock fuel system. There have been 2 previous owners. What can go wrong with high pressure? I know low pressure will kill the injectors but not sure about too much

#15 ·
was hitting around 1300 on egt at wot earlier, maybe it was just the first day i had it in, also im noticing the temps cool down very quick. i can pull into my driveway or into school after driving hard and after 45 seconds to a minute be under 300egt to shut down

#18 ·
i have a set off glow shifts sitting in my room just been to lazy how do they look in the truck

#19 ·
i have the tinted series, looks pretty good but the a pillar doesnt match up too well, going to see if i can get a new one

#21 ·
if you're willing to spend the money, i'd suggest getting an sct digital monitor for boost, egt, and oil pressure

#24 ·
did you check your connections, i had a bad connection from the gauge to the sending unit for the fuel gauge and it would peg 100psi but i fixed the wiring and it works fine now

#25 ·
with my glow shift boost gauge i kept blowing the vacuum line off everytime i hit more than 35 psi but sct is easy to install and you can adapt the programmer with it in the future, my brother has one on his stroker and it hasn't given him any problems but i won't lie glow shift gauges definitely look the best for sure

#26 ·
That's because you can't use that cheap crap that comes with all the mechanical boost gauges...that stuff sucks. Get rid of that stupid white plastic T fitting and rubber boot and use a compression fitting for the 1/8" boost line.

#28 ·
i didnt even think about tapping my intake but i still think i'm gonna switch to an sct monitor

#30 ·
I have had a few issues with my GS gauges as well. They made it right though. I dont drive my truck everyday, so for me, it wasnt issue to send in my gauges for a week or so. They tested all my gauges, and my egt probe. Then sent me out a new probe and new gauges for the price of shipping. I was way out of my warranty as well.

I had the pegged fuel PSI gauge, and a wondering trans temp gauge. Then they all just died. I would spend the extra money to get better gauges if I were to do it again. But I cant complain too much because they have taken care of me.

#33 ·
From a hard dig, I can easily pull 1500 degrees with Matt's SRL. Stock pump and spring, I manage to stay around 48-50 PSI on the fuel as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.