Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Will SD sping fit on an x?

4K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  WasGas 
#1 ·
My wife has a 2000 psd X and it handles like dog poop with our toy hauler on it, after installing air bags and a eq hitch on it and it feels OK. I can hitch it to my 99 SD with stock spings(2.5 leveling kit up front) and it feels way more stable.
I was thinking of a 2.5 leveling kit for the front and possibly SD rear spings if they fit. Anybody done this and see results or is the shorter wheel base part of the problem?(I really want to do the leving kit regardless, it looks retarded next to my pickup);)

#5 ·
Well its not really mine.....it my wifes so I can say that can't I;)
The first thing she did was put a big flower sticker on the back window to mark her territory.Thank goodness a big arse trailer blocks it from view when I drive it.
A leveling kit and some bigger tires would make it look much better. Now that I know sd springs will fit I'll start looking for a deal on some, Its ok with air bags and eq hitch just think it could be better(its a little twitchy when empty too)

#6 ·
Yes, f250 & f350 srw springs fit on the Ex. Be sure to take the overload off if it has it. Works great with airbags.

#7 ·
A couple of things will help. Do you have a rear sway bar? Mine didn't, had to install a Hellwig. Next I found the stock rear springs were prone to axle wrap, which steered the vehicle from the rear when towing, made the X a handling nightmare!

Swapping a B or F code from an F250/F350 will help BIGTIME because the Truck leafsprings have a large supporting leaf which stops axle wrap.

There are many things to address the sway with Excursions, but these 2 are most of the issue.

Cheers!

#9 ·
They will fit, you'll need to know which Spring Code they are so you get what your looking for.

Do you know what they came off from?

#11 ·
#14 ·
Why do you have to take off the overload spring?

#15 ·
I developed the rear B code mod for Excursions years ago over on TDS.The addition of V and modded B codes along with adding a 30mm rear SD Truck sway bar and properly valved Bilsteins will transform the Excursion's handling.
If I can help PM me.

#17 ·
I know this is an old thread, and I wasn't gonna post (figuring the OP has probably solved his problem with standard V code/B code spring mod) until I saw the above quoted post.

At first I was thinking this must be Bruce (Bruce1954), but then I realized I think you're talking about the modified B codes, yes? If so, this must be caryt, no?

Stewart

#16 ·
I have a set or rear springs off of my 2005 F350 4WD SRW, I'm about an hour east of Houston if anyone is interested.

#21 ·
Wow I have the same problem with my X with a 5" lift and thought it was the lift causing it. I have even weighed my tailer to adjust tongue weight and reconfigured it to help it handle better. My next step was to swap the front end over to an 06 F250 coil front end.

I have a wrecked 2004 F250 6.0L FX4 that I can use for springs will these work to help with the trailer sway? I have to do something about it ASAP as I love the X but always prefer to tow with my dodge ram as it's much more stable with nearly the same wheel base.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.