Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Custom overhead console?

12K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  wildcatkit52 
#1 ·
I am planning on putting a CB in my truck. Today I've been searching on line for ideas since I currently have a 6 speed.

I decided that an overhead console would be the best place for one. Little did I know that there isn't much out there for doing this so I decided that I'll build my own...

THAT started a new search for ideas... I finally found a place in Australia that makes them. GREAT place for ideas since they have pics of various builds with many different components.

Anybody else built one or purchased one like these?

Car Consoles 4WD Storage Drawers - Department of the Interior - overhead consoles, roof consoles, custom built consoles, 4WD interiors, storage systems, vehicle consoles, radio console, dashboard pod, four wheel drive.

#2 ·
I haven't built really custum one I just covered a piece of plywood with carpet and mounted it up there and then mounted the cb to it. But I have heard that uniden makes a radio that is the size of a stereo so you could mount it in the stereo hole with an aftermarket stereo. The cb is a uniden 880.

#3 ·
Those are pretty nice looking setups.

For my truck I have a Cobra 29 and I mounted it inside of the factor overhead console. I think it comes in 05+ Lariat trucks without a sunroof. Took a good bit of modifications but works pretty good and keeps it up and out of the way.

#4 ·

i mounted a piece of diamond plate to my roof, made a switch panel and a spot for the CB...Clean looking! I didnt want holes in my head liner im actually going to be changing the set up now that im changing my interior though

#5 ·
I'll likely build one that will fit a CB at the front, DVD player, and room for about three gauges under the CB if I can fit'em. Might put a couple storage compartments also. On the driver side I'll fit in my XM display if I can make it look right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.