Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

38r new start up

1K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  skylinedan 
#1 ·
should i prime the new turbo before start up(new engine also)

#4 ·
All ways crank a new ,used replaced engine like that. I got a guy at the shop that all ways gives me #$@# when I put a motor in a car and I crank on it for a while till I see either the idiot light go out or the gauge start to read preasure. Then I go plug the coils or CPS back in and then it starts on the first time, LOL.
Fords are nice with inertia switch, I usually hit in with my fist to set it off, then you shut off the fuel pump too, when your ready for it to run just reset it and your good to go.

Dan

#5 ·
7.3 will indeed run without fuel pump, so this will not carry over... I always dribble STP additive into the feed port, give it a few spins by hand.... its super thick so itll stay in there even after you take the time to install the turbo

#6 ·
Yeah I,ve heard that before, forgot about that. I do a lot of gassers, most of the time its a low mile motor, an so its pretty dry. I tend to take the fuel rails out though, had a few motors with stail gas in them still. crank it till the light goes out, turn the pump back on and cycle the key a bunch of times till its full, starts every time, unless I forgot to plug something in vital, LMAO !!

Dan

#9 ·
LOL

#8 ·
On the right side of the front cover kind up above the damper pulley, if you get under the truck on the right side, look up you,ll se the wire harness coming down from above. Something all 7.3 owners should know considering the history of them with bad CPS's.

Dan

#11 ·
Not quite sure why that is funny? I obviously have had no need to know the location untill installing a new turbo. It's BS like this that makes people not want to ask questions in the first place.

#12 ·
The same idiots that laugh asked the same question you just asked once upon a time..

#15 ·
" There are no stupid questions. just stupid answers " That will only go so far on here though, you reach a point, and soon you find you,ve pissed people off because you dont listen, and read. Read damn it !!!!

Dan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.